cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christine27
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Sending group emails

I am membership secretary for a walking group, with approx. 200 email addresses divided into 6 groups. I am trying to send out information to all the sub groups.  In the past I have had no problem in sending these, but recently the system seems to only send out the first group (I include myself in each group, as I have 2 email addresses), and not to the other 5 groups.  Then this email address is blocked as there is suspicious activity and I have to unblock this.  Any advice as to how I can solve this.  My Sent folder shows that the email has been sent.  

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sending group emails

from previous posts the limit is 49

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

@Christine27wrote:

I am membership secretary for a walking group, with approx. 200 email addresses divided into 6 groups. I am trying to send out information to all the sub groups.  In the past I have had no problem in sending these, but recently the system seems to only send out the first group (I include myself in each group, as I have 2 email addresses), and not to the other 5 groups.  Then this email address is blocked as there is suspicious activity and I have to unblock this.  Any advice as to how I can solve this.  My Sent folder shows that the email has been sent.  

Hi.

Your best bet is to set up a Gmail account for your group. This allows for up to 500 address recipients per email (via web access, or 100 via client). Address export and import is possible, it just needs a bit of thinking how to do it (creating csv files for example).

Naturally Bcc should always be used, which I expect you already are doing, and typically the "To" field should be set to be your sending email address.

0 Ratings
Christine27
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

All my sub groups are less than 49. Thanks
0 Ratings
Christine27
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thank you. Will probably go down the Gmail account route.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

There is probably a time limit between groups of 49 as well.

0 Ratings