cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KMC1
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Sent Email

I only have the last 108 emails stored as sent but want to search back further. I have a BT Email account and using Mac computer. All other email folders stored for many years. My settings shows save sent emails so at a loss what to do?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
JohnC2
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sent Email

Hi @KMC1,  welcome to the forum and sorry you can't find some emails in your sent folder?

Are you using a client to check your email account? If so can you try using webmail and see if the emails show ok there?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
KMC1
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I access Bt emails on my computer through internet bt email log in. My iPhone uses Mail which does show historic sent emails but not all that would have been sent from my computer

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Your iPhone email app is probably set up as an POP3 account. This does not synchronise all folders with BT servers so it will not replicate what was sent.

If you want it to do that you will need to set up the email app as an IMAP account. 

0 Ratings
KMC1
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Okay - but don’t think that solves the fact that all emails I sent from my computer are not shown on my computer in BT Email sent folder?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@KMC1 wrote:

Okay - but don’t think that solves the fact that all emails I sent from my computer are not shown on my computer in BT Email sent folder?

No it doesn't but you said "My iPhone uses Mail which does show historic sent emails but not all that would have been sent from my computer".  Hence my reply.

0 Ratings