cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHogan92
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Sent emails disappeared from before 26 Nov

Hi there, I hope you are all doing well. 

I am at a loss with my email account. I have noticed that my sent items from before 26th November have disappeared. I have searched for them with no luck. I even got in touch with BT who talked me through clearing my web browser etc and still nothing. I was then told basically I will not get them back and there was nothing more they can do. I am so annoyed as I need to refer to a past email and I no cannot find it. BT told me I most probably deleted them but I think I will have known if I had done this. We use the email for work purposes and I have lost all sent correspondance.

I use btinternet on my laptop in outlook, iphone and when I access the webmail, they are all the same. I do not want to give up trying as I have seen similar posts on here where people have managed to restore them but i cannot understand how to fix the problem from reading through their post.

I have checked all the settings which seem to be fine. I don'tunderstand where they will have disappeared and was hoping someone may shed some light on how to resolve this issue. Many thanks 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
berwicklass
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sent emails disappeared from before 26 Nov

Exactly the same thing has happened to me. I have definitely not deleted the sent items! They were there going back to many months ago only within the past week. And the date is the same - nothing before 26th November. 

This is quite unacceptable as they provide a record of activity and proof of "postage". Clearly you BT have done something at that time and I am sure many other people have the same problem.

So, what are you doing about fixing it? I expect a prompt reply.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Just so that you are aware, this is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

0 Ratings
berwicklass
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Helpful thank you. 

0 Ratings
south_western
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

I am also experiencing the same problem. All my Sent emails from before 26 Nov 2020 back to Jan 2015 have gone missing.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

0 Ratings
SHogan92
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

I have not yet found a solution and was hoping someone on here may have been able to help but no joy as yet. It seems very odd but I desperately need to get these back 😞

0 Ratings
SHogan92
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Do you know how to get in touch with a forum moderator so they read this post to see if they can help? Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi there

Did you have any luck with this issue? I've had the same thing happen - all my Sent emails (more than 10 years' worth!) from before 1 Nov this year have disappeared. I've spoken with both the BT Email Help team and the Complaints team and they both say there's no chance of getting them back. They seemed to think that data was lost when the platform was switched from the old Yahoo! platform.

The three people I have spoken to all seemed astonished that this had happened and said they'd never heard of anything like it before. They tried to suggest that I had inadvertently deleted them. I pointed out that a simple Google search shows that many other people have experienced the same thing...

0 Ratings
south_western
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Hi Frustrated_customer1

I've had no luck with this issue, I will need to try and restore the lost sent items from my backups.

I am very glad that I moved my broadband and main email account away from BT as they are completely useless.

0 Ratings