Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunny123
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Sent emails going to some recipient's spam folders

Please can someone help with this:

I send out an email, it may be to one person or a group of recipients. Some people get it in their inbox, and some people get in their spam. In reality, some people are not getting my emails.

I have no way of finding out who gets them and who doesn't. I have to message them to tell them I have emailed them!

I have BT broadband and all BT services, including TV. I have several personal @btinternet.com addresses. It is going to personal email and business addresses. I do not have a domain address.

I am now running Zoom meetings with links sent in my bt email.  Of course, I am finding that some people do not get my email, and this is causing huge personal and business problems. 

Can anyone help, please? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sent emails going to some recipient's spam folders

BT email system comply with all the relevant security and industry standards so it is unlikely that there is anything wrong with the BT email service as such.

Usually if some people are not receiving your emails and some people are, particularly if it is a group email where the contents are the same for every one the "problem" is usually but not always at the recipients end and not yours. 

If the people you are sending the email to are receiving the email, albeit in their spam folder it means that their email service is unsure if it is spam or not and is erring on the cautious side by placing it into the spam folder.

The recipient could if their email supplier offers the service, add your email address to their "safe senders" and also add your email address to their contacts list. They should also mark the emails as "not spam" and eventually their email service provider's spam filter should catch up and allow your email address through.

When sending emails be aware of what you have named the email in Subject box. Make sure it is not something that could give the impression that it is spam and like wise with anything in the content of the email such as multiple links or pictures. 

If the recipient is not receiving the email at all it means it is being taken out of the system by the recipients email service because it has determined that it is spam. Unfortunately there is nothing that you can do about that but your recipient could try contacting their email providers "post master" and ask them to stop blocking your email address. This will obviously only work if you are aware of who is not getting your emails. 

This link gives you an idea from BT's point of view in how it deals with spam and what users have to do if their email is getting classed as spam by BT. It will be similar for other email providers so may give you some pointers.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/fix-a-problem/sending-or-receiving-email/bt-email---best-practices-for...

Other than that, if you are using a domestic email service for business use I would suggest that you get your own domain with email and you will get a far better SLA (Service Level Agreement) and some assistance if your emails are getting classified as spam. 

0 Ratings
Sunny123
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thank you gg30340 for your advice, and detailed response. I will have a read.

I am writing emails,  forwarding emails, and some of my emails have a Zoom link for friendly chats with friends, but there could be 50 of us - which is the idea I think. 

Occasionally, an email may have photos.

The 2 people who don't get my emails that I know about are my husband and my sister, I have no idea about the rest, but plenty of friends respond, but not all which is strange. Obviously, I can't sort out those who don't get my email as it is the only way I contact them.

Thank you, again.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

The maximum number for a Group email is 49 so that could be part of your problem.

0 Ratings