For the past week emails sent from Outlook although appearing in my Sent mailbox are not being delivered. This is not a problem where emails are sent from my iphone. I have made no settings changes. This seems to be a familiar problem but research has not produced a solution as most people give up.
I am using a Windows 8 laptop with Outlook 2013. I have set up numerous new accounts with automated settings with no success.
I too knowingly have had this problem since at least 19/1/2015.
I have Windows 7 with Outlook 2013 and two BT accounts plus Sky and Google accounts (for fallback). All have functioned well for the past three years.
No changes to my PC have been made for at least 6 months (apart from MS updates).
My wife's laptop runs Windows 7 with Outlook 2010 and has found the same issue. At a Womens Instutute meeting last night in the village it became apparent (without my wife initiating the issue) that a number of other BT eMail account customers have the same problem too.
I spent about an hour yesterday trying various combinations of operation to confirm the issues. I have found:
1 - eMails sent from either BT account self addressed will bounce back the eMails (presumably from the BT Server)
2 - eMails sent from either BT account to BT accounts will not forward (send/deliver)
3 - eMails sent from either BT account to non BT addresses will not forward (but will bounce back if the self address is included in the addresses showing that at least the eMail is reaching the BT mail server).
4 - eMails sent from Outlook through Sky and Google systems are being received by the BT system and recieved into the Outlook BT accounts.
5 - All eMails sent in Outlook appear in the Sent box
6 - eMails sent from Webmail accounts all work normally
All these tests can be replicated on my wife's laptop with other BT and non-BT addresses.
I then spent about an hour whilst a BT Technician (ABHISHEK SEN) through CHAT accessed my PC, checked all settings and declared no fault found.
Later I spent another hour on the phone to the BT Help Desk (with VIKRAM) who did much of the same, declared that there was a problem and that I would have to hire a local PC expert technician to come and sort out the problem on my PC. He would not acknowledge that there just might be a problem with the BT eMail Server system.
Finally the only common thread is that the BT accounts are sub-accounts of my main account and that I pay the bills - and of course the router and copper lines to the exchange.
HOW OR WHERE DO I/WE RAISE THIS ISSUE WITH A HIGHER AUTHORITY TO GET IT RESOLVED?
Oh! And then there is the rest of the village and gwood's machine also need to have their similar issue resolved too.
To use gwood's last paragraph: PLEASE HELP!!
I suspect that there is a problem with the BTMail system as you are not the only person to have reported a problem with Outlook.
Unfortunately if your email is working when you log onto webmail BT won't take any responsibility for a problem with an email client such as Outlook. As far as they are concerned your email is working so it is unlikely you will be able to get this "Raised to a higher authority".
I know you have had the settings checked and checked again but I would suggest that you delete the accounts from Outlook and set them up again manually rather than using the wizard. If you have set them up as a POP3 account you will need to back up any emails that you have downloaded onto your computer in case you lose them when you delete the account.
Once you have deleted the account close Outlook and reopen it and remake the accounts. When you remake it select the option " Manually Configure Server etc" and use the following settings.
If you don't want to delete the account you could if you have your email set up as IMAP set up the same account as POP3 or visa versa to see if it will send.
Email address: Full btinternet email address
Account type: IMAP or (POP)
Incoming server: mail.btinternet.com
Outgoing server: mail.btinternet.com
User name: prefix only of email address
Password: Email password
Tick remember password
Do not tick Require password auth (SPA)
Click Button More settings
Tick box my out going server requires authentication
Tick box use same as incoming
Do not tick log onto incoming server
Incoming server 993 or (POP 995) Tick requires SSL
Outgoing server 465 Use following type encryption SSL
Another option you could try if you would rather not delete the accounts would be to download either Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird email clients and set up one of the faulty accounts on that and see if it works. If it does work it would possibly point to the problem being with Outlook rather than the BTMail servers.
Particular thanks to gg30340 for trying to help with some useful guidance. I am probably going to go the IMAP route and converting my accounts (if it can be done) so that I have a belt and braces eMail capability.
Unfortunately you can't convert on the fly, you either have to delete the account and re-create it or create a new version of the account as IMAP and then delete the POP3 version. Make sure you back up everything first.
It might be easier to create a new Outlook profile and re-create the accounts in that first and then delete the original profile.
Good luck with the decorating