cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoyL
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Session expired, log out.

After reading or viewing an email attachment, try to return to emails and the message 'session expired, log out' appears and you are logged out. This is just one of numerous problems with BT Mail that never happened with Yahoo.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
dilosec
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Session expired, log out.

See BT Mail: why does my session keep closing or timing out?
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/50004/c/346,6588,6594

annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

nd where do we find this extended login?

0 Ratings
Quelch
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

It's a tick box on the login page for the webmail at 

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

"Keep me logged in".

There was a similar box on the yahoo login dialogue.

But I think it requires a persistent cookie so it won't work if you delete all your yahoo cookies at any time during the session.

And - if you DO use that tick box, you need to be careful to log out properly manually when you end your webmail session - don't just close your browser, but do use the Signout/Logout link, otherwise you leave your account potentially in an insecure state.

0 Ratings
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Oh thankyou. I must try as it is a nightmare being logged out every few minutes.

0 Ratings
RoyL
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Thank you. It says timed out after 20 minutes in that link but it happens after as little as 20 seconds. something else to live with.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 7

Hi RoyL,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I am sorry to hear of the problems that you are having.  Any chance you could send me your details so that I can send on to our email teams to have a look at?

It would really help if you could supply the following information,

Time stamp of when the issue occurred?,

The email address in question? and

Does the session drop out only when viewing attachments or have you noticed other scenarios?

If you could send me this info via email that would be great.  You will find the 'Mods contact link' under the 'About me' section of my profile.  Just click on my username (SeanD).

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings