cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Set up premium email with existing email address

Go to solution

I have an email address that I use on my father’s account, that I wish to keep. Until I get a chance to set up my own BT Broadband, I would like to keep this email and set it up as a standalone premium email under my name, breaking away from my father’s account. This would be with his permission. Phoned BT and they said it’s not possible. I’m sure I read that someone did this, but I can’t find the post on the forum. Please can a Mod help.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Set up premium email with existing email address

Go to solution

Assuming that the email account that you want to keep is your email account but it had been set up from your father's BT Broadband account you should be able to move to a BT Premium email account as long as it all meets certain criteria.

The first thing you will need to ensure is that the email address has been "gifted" to you and that you have set up your own BTID/MyBT in order to manage the email account.

See sub link about "gifting" an email account.

How do I create and activate a new BT Email address? | BT Help

Once that has been done you can follow the procedure as set out in this link

What is Premium email and how do I get it? | BT Help

When you do get your own BT Broadband account you can then your "gifted" email account to your own BT Broadband account and cancel your BT Premium email account.

See link

Can I move my BT email address to another account? | BT Help

Message 3 of 3

Re: Set up premium email with existing email address

Go to solution

Thank You, worked perfectly.

BT customer service should have known this.

0 Ratings