Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LizD
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Setting up BT Mail on Windows 10

Go to solution

I have a new laptop and I am trying to set up my BT mail account on Windows 10 (not an upgrade, a brand new edition).  Following advice on the forum I have reached the point where I get a message 'Set Up Successful'.  In spite of this I am unable to receive messages and my outgoing messages are in the out box  but do not turn up with the intended recipient.

Any suggestions please how I can sort this out.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Setting up BT Mail on Windows 10

Go to solution

Delete the account and start again.

Select Accounts > Add account > Scroll down and select advanced setup > Select internet email.

Configure the account with the details given here

0 Ratings
LizD
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Many thanks for the info.  I had already tried the BT routine but started again and this time I got a message that I 'might need to update the password or give the account permission to sync this device'.  This led me to other discussions on the forum where there was mention of BT using an old password.  I used to have two BT user names and two passwords.  Fairly recently this changed to email address for login and one of the two passwords I had .  On the strength of this I changed the password on Windows 10 to my old one and, lo and behold I am now able to send messages out.  BUT I still cannot get message in!

Any further ideas please?  I think I am going to have to get BT to sort this.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

The only thing I can suggest is to close W10 mail (and any other devices polling email), change the password again, wait at least 15-30 minutes and then try W10 mail with the new password.

0 Ratings
LizD
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks I have done that and it made no difference. But, the solution is that I was using 'Advanced Settings' following advice somewhere on this forum so thought I'd try the simpler SMPT/POP3 set up option. It worked!

Thanks for your help.
0 Ratings