Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bob0101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Setting up BT Premium mail when leaving BT Broadband, Pulling my hair out

Go to solution

Hi All,

Pulling my hair out with this one, I have left BT broadband after 18 years but wanted to keep my emails so have been trying to register for premium mail with no luck, all i get is this message when trying to register.

We can't place your order to move to BT Premium Mail as we've detected that your email service is suspended.

or

There is a problem with your order, please contact our helpline.

So i call the help line and have been sent links to register but they all come back with similar messages. They then want to remote access my computer but i do not want this and when asked to just tell me what to do and i will do it they say they cant and they only way to do it is remote access.

I see a few other people have had similar problems and the Mods have been able to help so was hoping something could be done with mine, i am down to 7 days before i lose my email so im starting to panic a bit.

Many Thanks for any help.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Setting up BT Premium mail when leaving BT Broadband, Pulling my hair out

Go to solution

try 0808 100 6778

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Bob0101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Hi,

Have already tried that number as well, they all just want to remoter acesss my PC though. I have so many private things on it that i really would like to find another solution.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Do not let them access your computer, it is not necessary, it is purely an administration exercise. Nothing changes technically only the billing arrangements. It really is about time somebody did something about them insisting on remote access.

I will ask if the mods can intervene.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @Bob0101 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having setting up Premium Mail.  As you're having problems setting up Premium Mail from your end we can give you a hand from here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Bob0101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

Thanks Robbie and Licquorice,

@RobbieMacit is saying I have no private messages

Edit: No matter i see it now

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

@RobbieMacwrote:

Hi @Bob0101 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having setting up Premium Mail.  As you're having problems setting up Premium Mail from your end we can give you a hand from here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

Robbie.

Can you get to the bottom of why the helpdesk want remote access? It is disgraceful that this continues to be mentioned, yet it seems nothing is being done to stop it.

Stop them doing it.

0 Ratings
Bob0101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Message sent Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @Bob0101  Thanks for sending over your details. I've checked and the status of your email has now been updated. This should allow you to place the order to set up the Premium Mail online now. Please can you try this and post back to let me know how you get on.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Bob0101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution
Hi John,
Thanks for looking into this for me.
It seems like it is going to work but I am unsure if I am picking the correct one, when putting in the @btinternet.com that is listed as my only email address in MyBT I get this message:

"The email address that you've entered is a subaccount of the Primary Email address:
If you want to convert to a Premium mail account on its own then please click on Continue.
If you want to convert and all of its subaccounts to Premium mail then please re-start the order using this email address"

I then try with the email address ending with btopenworld.com which is the email that is always used and the one I do not want to lose but I get the same message. My second most used email ends with bt@yahoo.co.uk but it will not accept that.
To complicate matters I use one of the -bt@yahoo.co.uk addresses to actually log on to MyBT so do not want to lose those either.

do I pick the btinternet.com or the btopenworld.com as the one to have premium mail on?

Thanks again for the help
0 Ratings