Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 20

Re: Setting up BT Premium mail when leaving BT Broadband, Pulling my hair out

Go to solution

First of all xxx@btinternet.com and xxx@btopenworld.com are totally interchangeable and are one and the same thing.

The @Yahoo.co.uk address is a disposable address and is very unlikely to be able to be transferred to Premium mail.

0 Ratings
Bob0101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution
Hi Licquorice,

Any idea why it is saying my email is a sub account of the primary email account? or should I just ignore that and proceed anyway.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

I suspect you have probably made your disposable @Yahoo.co.uk address your primary address in MYBT.

0 Ratings
Bob0101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution
Hmmm maybe, but when logged in to MyBT it only lists one, the @btinternet.com one, it is listed as my favourite.
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @Bob0101 I checked and only one @btinternet.com email address was linked to your account. As long as you don't have any other @btinternet.com email addresses you need to move over to Premium Mail then you can continue to move that one over.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @Bob0101  did you manage to get the Premium Mail service set up OK? Post back and let me know and if you need further assistance and I'll be happy to help.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Bob0101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution
All up and running now, thanks everyone for the help
JohnC2
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @Bob0101  Thanks for the update and good to hear you have the Premium Mail set up ok now.

Cheers
John

Kevin37
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution
Good morning,
I am having a very similar problem to the one described by Bob0101. After five weeks and repeated calls, I am being asked to give remote access to solve the problem. As I don't understand why remote access is required I am reluctant to do so. All the threads I have read seem to end up with a moderator solving the problem so I would be grateful for any advice on what to do next.

Thanks
Kevin
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

@Kevin37wrote:
Good morning,
I am having a very similar problem to the one described by Bob0101. After five weeks and repeated calls, I am being asked to give remote access to solve the problem. As I don't understand why remote access is required I am reluctant to do so. All the threads I have read seem to end up with a moderator solving the problem so I would be grateful for any advice on what to do next.

Thanks
Kevin

Do NOT under any circumstances allow these people remote access. The issue has nothing to do with settings or anything.

Moderators, I've asked numerous times for this to be checked and stopped. Why does this continue to happen? Why is this potential serious issue being ignored?

0 Ratings