cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Setting up BT Premium mail when leaving BT Broadband - why is it so difficult?

Go to solution

Hi @Margaretx9,

I'm sorry that that wasn't available for you. I've made it available to you under my profile. To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Any problems let me know.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Margaretx9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Re: Setting up BT Premium mail when leaving BT Broadband - why is it so difficult?

Go to solution

Daniel S/Distinguished Sage

Thank you for your help.  I have now submitted the request via the online form to the moderators.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

Thanks for taking the time to do that @Margaretx9.

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @Margaretx9 thanks for sending over your details and I've picked this up for you. I'll get to work on getting the Premium Mail account set up for you manually and update you in a few days.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Margaretx9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

JohnC2

I am just following up on your message from last Tuesday as to whether my BT premium mail account has now been set up for my email account and the other three accounts linked to my BT ID. I got a bit concerned when I checked on my BT ID today and the Email link/list I had in 'Package' 'Included extras' has disappeared - although all the email accounts themselves remain active?

How will I know if my premium mail is set up and that all four email accounts are covered by it?

Thanks again for your help with this.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @Margaretx9 I called earlier and spoke with Martin sorry I could not reach you.

The premium mail account is now set up and the new account added to your existing BTID. When you log in there is a drop down option to change your account number and you will see the new premium mail account here. You need to now set up the direct debit for payment of the premium mail account and that's everything completed.

I've explained to Martin about his email address being on a different platform but it will continue as normal as long as it continues to be used.  

If you have any further query please post back and let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Margaretx9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

JohnC2

Thank you again for all your help in sorting this out and for speaking to my son earlier to clarify the position. I have now set up the direct debit so BT can collect payment linked to the separate premium mail ID as instructed.

However do I also need to link the other two BT email addresses apart from my son's which were linked to my old BT broadband account to this new premium mail account as they aren't listed - only my email is?

Also I am aware that my son's BT Yahoo email account was linked to a separate old BT ID as he had premium mail for that before transferring it to my account but his email account was also listed as a linked email address under my old ID.  He apparently still gets a dummy 'nil' bill each month on the old ID for premium mail. Is there any way it can appear 'listed' on my premium account  just to provide security in future so it doesn't get deleted - as before - or is that not possible or necessary?

Apologies for me perhaps worrying unnecessarily as I am sure its all set up correctly. 

Sorry to trouble you again!

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @Margaretx9 Thanks for setting up the direct debit. All 3 email address had been moved over to the Premium Mail account but I'll double check as I thought you would see the others listed and get back to you on this.

In relation to your son's account it will have to continue as is because it is on a different email platform and cannot be linked to yours. He will continue to receive the zero bills as before. 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @Margaretx9 I've checked and I think this is because you have not claimed the account holder status for the Premium Mail account ( I should have mentioned this Smiley Embarassed)

Please can you Log into your BTID and change the account the the Premium Mail account.

1. Click on Settings and Your account
  2. Scroll down and you'll see if you're an Account holder or Account manager
  3. Click on the I should be the Account holder link and follow the steps

Once thats completed you should then be able to manage the email addresses. 

Post back and let me know if that works ok.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Margaretx9
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

JohnC2

Thanks for all your help and assistance on this - all four email addresses are now showing listed on my account.

Am happy for the case to be closed.

Regards

Margaretx9

0 Ratings