Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AnnS
Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Setting up email account on Android LG4

Go to solution

Hi all

I am trying to get some help setting up my BT Internet account on an LG4.  I have followed the link below but I am still having problems.

https://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Email/Android-E-mail-Set-Up-A-10-step-or-less-guide-With-Screensho...

I am able to log into the BT.Com site, but as soon as I click email and enter my log in details, I get the error' This application is having trouble connecting to the server'.

I have tried to add an account both manually and automatically.  Trying to add the settings automatically returns incorrect log in details.  Manually will proceed from the first step.

I have tried on two different Android devices and have the same problem using Vodafone UK and my home WiFi.

Can somone please give some ideas and hopefully a solution?

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Setting up email account on Android LG4

Go to solution

If you are a business user, you need to post on the business forum, this forum is for residential customers. If you are a residential user, you need to use these settings. http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917

AnnS
Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

@licquorice

Thank for the suggestion but unfortunately, nothing works.

As mentioned, cannot even access BT Internet via the BT. Com site not can set up a BT Internet account on an Android phone.

This is a recent problem, I used to have an account previously and be able to access via my destop bookmarks through BT. Com.

What has happened to stop Android being able to access BT Internet through the device.?  Have BT added a firewall or changed the certificate?

I need a workaround and a solution.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Ok, are you trying to access mail via webmail or an app, sounds like via webmail? If via webmail, there have been a few problems with accessing mail using the mobile versions of browsers. You either need to set up a mail app or use the desktop version of BT.Com on your browser. A mail app is a much better way of collecting mail on a mobile rather than trying to use a browser.

Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

Hi.

What browser are you using?

A few people have said they have a similar problem. I can access email via bt.com using Android and Chrome.

When you click on the email option, have you already logged into bt.com?

Is you bt.com login the same as your email login/password. Mine isn't.

As you've indicated you're a business user, then you should pop over to their forums.

AnnS
Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

I am not a business user, I am simply trying to set up an email account on my LG4.

I am logged into my BT interernet, on the PC.  I can connect to BT.Com on my phone, click on email, its starts to load and then BT kicks it out with error.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

I would recommend setting up either the default Android mail app or download the K9 mail app and set that up with the details from the link I posted earlier.

AnnS
Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

@licquorice

The link you provided was the first thing I tried and it did not work.

I thought it was just my LG4 but I have the same problem on my old S3.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

Which app are you using? Don't let the wizard try to set it up, do it manually. If you set it up as an IMAP account, it will be in sync with your webmail.

AnnS
Contributor
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

Sorry @licquorice

Was hoping it would work but no luck.

Entered all the settings as you suggested.  Started to connect to server and came back with 'Cannot connect to server. Check network connection and info, then try again.  I was using WiFi and not the mobile network.

0 Ratings