Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Khib
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Setting up email on mobile.

Go to solution
I have 2 bt email addresses. On my Android mobile I have the Yahoo app ( to access an old sky email), the Gmail app and a new app called Edison. One of my bt emails is set up fine on the Gmail app but try as I might the other BT email address cannot it be added- keep getting messages that a secure connection cannot be established. I can access both emails via My BT. Any suggestions?
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Setting up email on mobile.

Go to solution
Try the Blue Mail app.
0 Ratings
Khib
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Just tried it thanks and whilst it did not work it did suggest there could be a prob with username or password . I had forgotten the password for the email address I had been trying to set up and so set up a new password today. Wondering now if that is the issue.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
Could be, there are sometimes problems with passwords syncing between webmail access and client access. Stop any access to the account from any devices, change the password again and wait for an hour and then try setting up the account again on your phone.
0 Ratings
Khib
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Without sounding silly by not accessing account do you mean don't use it?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Don't allow any device to access the mail server. Turn off any device that may be accessing it or shut down any client on a PC. Mail clients attempt to access the server on a regular basis.

0 Ratings
Khib
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks I have realised that the link on Mybt always sets the BTID password and not the actual email one. I've been on live chat and had the email password reset. Not confident but going to try setting up with the new password.
0 Ratings
Khib
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
New email password has worked. BT do not make it obvious as when you click on 'forgotten password' in the email section it simply resets your BTID.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Great, glad you got it sorted, thanks for updating the thread.

The whole password malarkey is a complete dog's breakfast in my opinion, its supposed to make it simpler but it just completely complicates things!!

0 Ratings
Khib
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Oh and thanks I got the blue mail app and it's much more user friendly than the other one
0 Ratings