cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesE
Contributor
Message 1 of 29

Shuffling cured - now right hand side chopped off

The shuffle to the right is cured but now I'm getting the right hand side chopped off and no 'slide bar' at the bottom to slide it into view. It manifests itself on the 'Money Saving Expert' emails. This new BT Mail really is a a PITA. It has cured nowt. I'm still getting all sorts of phishing scam attempts, mails purporting to come from 'btbilling', etc. I haven't had my address book hacked of late which makes a change. Many years ago Hotmail was poor but I get nothing now which should not have been let through on my Hotmail account.

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
JamesE
Contributor
Message 2 of 29

Re: Shuffling cured - now right hand side chopped off

Am I alone with this problem? Nearly all emails are unreadable because there is no way to slide them across to read the right hand side. If I forward them to my gmail or hotmail accounts then they are ok.

0 Ratings
JamesE
Contributor
Message 3 of 29

Still no response! If I use my laptop with a wide screen all is visible but using my PC with 4x3 screen there is no way of looking at the right hand side. Surely I am not alone in this?

HELP!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 29

It would appear that the BT webpage is set up for the more usual screen resolutions rather than the older 4 x 3 screens. Have you tried using the Zoom feature in your web browser to reduce the size of the page so that it fits on your 4 x 3 screen. Open the email page then press the keyboard key Ctrl and the plus or minus key until you find the setting that helps.

0 Ratings
JamesE
Contributor
Message 5 of 29

Yes that will help - I've had to go 2 levels of zoom out to make it work but then I'm left with very tiny text. Why on earth is there no slider bar at the bottom? They've wasted a whole load of space where the categories and folder lists are. If the other providers can do it right why can't BT get it right. I do hope someone out there is listening!

0 Ratings
mhanington
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 29

I have the same problem so either how di I get a scroll bar for the bottom of emails or get rid of the adverts on the right?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 29

By far the easiest and best solution is to use an email client such as Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird or Outlook (not Outlook.com). This will stop all the problems that you have with BTMail webmail. You will have no adverts, no shuffling,no right hand chopped off and none of the other problems that some people have been complaining about.

mhanington
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 29

Ok, but why can't BT fix the problems?  I use a variety of computers to access BT Mail so the web based application is important to me.  Come on BT sort this please.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 29

@mhanington wrote:

Ok, but why can't BT fix the problems?  I use a variety of computers to access BT Mail so the web based application is important to me.  Come on BT sort this please.

Does the problem you report happen on all the computers you use? I don't have either the shuffling or right hand side chopped off so perhaps it's not a BT problem.

0 Ratings
mhanington
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 29

It is a BT problem as it only started when the emails started shuffling to the right, that was fixed and now I can't see the bottom scroll bar and some emails dont show the right hand content.  It is not a problem on a Windows 8 laptop but is on my Windows 7 desktop.  Does anyone from BT read these forums and care?

0 Ratings