cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Signature has gone. How do I get it back, or set it up again?

Go to solution

I had a signature set up to end my emails until yesterday. Now it has gone. I obviously did nothing to make it disappear. I have forgotten how to set it up. I've seen the word 'Signature ' over on the right when I begin to compose a new email, but it is not obvious to me what I have to do to write my signature (with a valediction, e.g. 'Regards'). I have clicked on it and I see two hyphens and three hyphens, and they turn blue if I click on them, but nothing makes any sense to me.

Help, please.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Signature has gone. How do I get it back, or set it up again?

Go to solution

Log onto your email account then go to settings found by clicking on your username at the right hand side. Once there go to Mail on the left hand side and scroll down to Signatures.

There is an Edit button if you want to change the signature or enter your signature and select where you want it displayed then click save.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you, Distinguished Sage. I have done it, more by good luck than judgement. I'll never know why it disappeared, I suppose. What nonsense is it that gives me the opportunity to put my signature above the original email! Who on earth signs a letter at the top? And what does 'original email' mean? How would I have found out how to do this without your help? Sort of rhetorical questions, but if you can offer any replies, they would be welcome.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Where you place the signature above may be because your signature can be anything so it could be that you want to use your name and address at the top of every email  or a phrase or saying or something similar.

The "original" email means when you click on "reply to" and you have the original email quoted in your reply. Do you want it after that or after what you have written in reply.

As regards "how would I have found out how to do this without help".  You obviously did the first time you set the signature up, unless of course you previously saw how to do it on this forum. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I have never understood why people don't use the 'poke and hope' method that I use when not sure how to achieve something. Just poke around in settings and options until the right option presents itself.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

It was a good job I asked, DS. I'll have to go back and set my signature above the 'original email', which will be below my reply to the original email. I hope that, if I'm not replying to an email, my signature will still be below my email. Thanks again.  Sorry, I didn't say thanks the first time.

0 Ratings