Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrick9a
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Signing in to email

Hi.

Can someone help .

I have a new Dell computer and my Bt Yahoo email is up and running ok, but what is driving me mad is I have to sign in every time plus I have ticked the keep me signed in box but this makes no differance Thanks for listening.

Patrick 9a

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 12

Re: Signing in to email

Not 100% sure as I don't use webmail, but I think all that ticking the box does is remember the last entered email address, not the password. I have no such problem because I use an email client (Thunderbird) which signs in to all addresses and downloads new messages automatically; I suggest you do the same for this an a number of other reasons, not least that it's safer and more secure.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
patrick9a
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Thank you but i still have the problem thanks for help.

Patrick.

0 Ratings
Zurdo
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Are you using the inbuilt mail app on Windows 10 or logging in via Firefox, Edge etc?

If using a browser then use the app. and once signed in you stay signed in.

0 Ratings
patrick9a
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

In built W10  just cant get it to work. My brozer email works ok as does my touch mail

Thanks

0 Ratings
Zurdo
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

0 Ratings
patrick9a
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Thanks but cant get this to work.

My proble m is not with Outlook it is with the Windows 10 built in email just called MAIL.

I will keep trying thank you again

Patrick.

0 Ratings
Zurdo
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Thought the second link was about the app, it doesn’t mention Outlook in the actual article just the Windows app.

0 Ratings
patrick9a
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Thanks I am still struggling Patrick

0 Ratings
patrick9a
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

still no luck I rang BT and they told me that Mail & Calendar is not compatable with my latest system and to use a browser email & there would be an update out later.

Regarding having to sign in every time they told me it was security I told them i did not have to do this on my laptop so I got no help really.

Thanks Patrick.

0 Ratings