cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Signing into email constantly

Had a message pop up when signing into mail last week saying that I had to sign in separately from My BT to view mails from now on. Not a problem as I rarely use My BT & sign into mails directly. 

Possibly coincidence but since I saw this message, mail will log me off after a few hours. Previously I could stay logged in for a few weeks at a time(via laptop) before having to sign in again. Always tick the keep me signed in & have had no problems using my tablet as I am constantly signed into mail there.

Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Signing into email constantly

I'm seeing the same - forever being logged out, despite ticking "Keep me signed in".  I think it's a "feature" (i.e. bug) in the new version.  

Can you access the old version https://email.bt.com/mail/index-rui.jsp?v=2.32.0 and stay logged in on that one (bookmark the link).

Message 3 of 13

Trying it now. Let's see if this can keep me signed in.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Well I managed to stay signed in for about a day but have now had to sign in again. Ah well, worth a go.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

This is now happening about every 3 hours.

Message 6 of 13

Same here. Keep me signed in seems to be broken. (again)

Message 7 of 13

Everybody - the mods are aware of this problem - see post https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-system-repeatedly-shuts-down/td-p/2319159

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Same for me - using Firefox
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Exactly the same for me, then 2 weeks ago it seem to be back to normal but the last 3 days I am lucky to stay signed in for 20 minutes at a time - it is extremely frustrating. Have spoken to BT numerous times since it first started happening & again yesterday, have been transferred to multiple 'techs' but they all say there's no problem they are aware of & don't understand why I'm having this issue & can offer no solution!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Likewise, everything reasonable for a while, now back to random logouts. (sigh)

0 Ratings