cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0scarmcg
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Some senders of emails are unable to sne emails to me. Delivery not Authorised.

Go to solution

I posted this on the 3rd of January 2019 but to date have not received a reply.

Senders of emails to me have reported that the email cannot be delivered as delivery not authorised

I notice this has cropped up on this board before but cannot see any solution posted.  Most of my emails are coming through ok (as far as I am aware!!).  I have put one of the senders email address into my contacts list but still get same problem.    I am using Windows 10 Home and junk emails seem to flood in with no problems!

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
0scarmcg
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Senders of emails to me have reported that the email cannot be delivered as delivery not authorised

Go to solution

I notice this has cropped up on this board before but cannot see any solution posted.  Most of my emails are coming through ok (as far as I am aware!!).  I have put one of the senders email address into contacts but still get same problem.    I am using Windows 10 Home and junk emails seem to flood in with no problems!

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Re: Some senders of emails are unable to sne emails to me. Delivery not Authorised.

Go to solution

@0scarmcg wrote:

I notice this has cropped up on this board before but cannot see any solution posted.

That's why nobody has responded, nobody knows the solution.

The only thing you can do is ensure the sender checks that they have their SPF/DMARC/DKIM credentials configured correctly, which may or may not resolve the problem.

In a nutshell, the BT mail systems are over-zealous.

0scarmcg
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Re: Some senders of emails are unable to sne emails to me. Delivery not Authorised.

Go to solution

Thank you very much for your reply.  I am afraid that I do not understand SPF/DMARC/DKIM settings what are they and how can they be adjusted?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

It is the sender's mail provider that needs to ensure they are correct, not you the intended recipient.

0scarmcg
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Yes I understood it was the sender but SPF/DMARC/DKIM wre all foreign to me!

I have given a gmail address to one of the people whose emails failed and that works fine, is gmail sent in a different way from BT?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Yes, it doesn't use the BT mail servers and is a far superior mail system.

0scarmcg
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you very much again for taking the trouble to answer my question.  I will start using gmail more often then.

Will consider the problem as closed and just hope that I have not lost any important mail.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
0scarmcg
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Sorry, to come back again.  My wife has a bt email address  and the people who are unable to contact me can mail her.  Same router same pc.  Why is this possible?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

That,  is one of the enduring mysteries of the BT email systems and one I can't answer I'm afraid.

There is not just one 'mail server' it will be a number of physical machines located in server farms that are also geographically diverse. It is possible that your wife connects to one machine and you to a different one which is configured slightly differently, who knows!!

0 Ratings