Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
iansally
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Something Strange Has Happened

Hello Forum

Over the past few days and without (I believe) any help from a novice like myself, I have found that I cannot use Bold, Underlining and Spell Check in BT Yahoo Mail.  My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium and version 11 of IE.

Can anyone help an old codger get out of this annoying problem in easy to understand jargon?

Any help will be gtreatly appreciated

IanSally

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Something Strange Has Happened

Stock answer to the majority of such problems - give up on webmail and use an email client such as Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail. There are multiple benefits.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Gerry_Atrick
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Something Strange Has Happened

@iansally wrote:

Hello Forum

Over the past few days and without (I believe) any help from a novice like myself, I have found that I cannot use Bold, Underlining and Spell Check in BT Yahoo Mail.  My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium and version 11 of IE.

Can anyone help an old codger get out of this annoying problem in easy to understand jargon?

Any help will be gtreatly appreciated

IanSally

Hello IanSally -  I think without doubt that I qualify as an "old codger" so it is with considerable trepidation that I offer you my own experience.  I am not a novice user but I am no expert either and have only found out some things by long hours of triak and error.   Anyway, I too use Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11 and was having the exact same problem as you.  The solution in my case was to add yahoo.com to list of websites in the "Compatibility View" setting.  To do this, select TOOLS in the menu bar, then select "Compatibility View Settings" from the sub menu.  In the pop up box type in Yahoo.com where it says "add this website"  and click on the Addd button to the right.   Close the box and refresh your browser (press the F5 key)  and try creating a new email.  Hopefully like me you will find that Bold, italic, Underline , strikeout  and all the rest of the formatting thingys work.  :smileyvery-happy:

I do hope you find this useful - if not please accept my apologies for wasting your time.

If you have time maybe you would be good enough to let us know if it worked for you.

Kind regards

Gerry

0 Ratings