cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
timmynice
Message 1 of 9

Sorry, we don't recognise this email address.

Go to solution

For the last week or so, maybe 2 weeks, I've not been email to access my btinternet.com email 

I get the message: Sorry, we don't recognise this email address.

I've tried logging on via yahoo, bt etc. But not having any luck. Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
TechFreak
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sorry, we don't recognise this email address.

Go to solution

Seems to have been deleted or inactive for some reasons.

Did you not access your e-mail address online for a long time? 

The e-mail address becomes inactive or gets deleted for the following reasons though :

1. Not using the e-mail address online like logging into the same online via bt.com
2. If the account is closed and you still tend to use the e-mail address created then. BT E-mail service is a free service provided to broadband customers and so if the account is no longer with BT, you might have to pay for the e-mail service to use it.
3. If there's a mismatch in the server on which they are hosted and the server they are broadcasted.

You can contact the team and ask them to check if your e-mail address is deleted or inactive and ask if they can reactivate it if its possible. I'm sure they would either escalate the case to the back end teams or tell you what needs to be done.

0 Ratings
timmynice
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Spoke to support on the phone, apparently it's a common problem the engineers are aware of, and I've "got to wait it out for 2-3 weeks".

Wow!

Thankfully this isn't one of my most used, or important email accounts. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Three questions.

1. Do you currently have a BT Broadband service?

2. How long ago was the last time you logged in to the address successfully?

3. Can you access your mail here

0 Ratings
timmynice
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
No I don't use bt, signed up for the account about 15 years ago and have used it weekly since.

That link forwards me to the yahoo page after putting in the details on that link, then Yahoo tells me it doesn't recognise the email address
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Then in that case unless you have been paying £7.50/m for premium mail your email address will have been deleted.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@timmynicewrote:
No I don't use bt, signed up for the account about 15 years ago and have used it weekly since.

Hi.

Unless the email account is associated with a bt broadband account or a premium account, the email address can be deleted at any time.

What seems to happen is that BT run a clean up robot that looks for these types of accounts and deletes them. It clearly doesn't check them all but a subset as there are similar posts to yours that appear at times.

0 Ratings
TechFreak
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Shouldn't take 2-3 weeks.. they might need to escalate to the back end team to actually get things up and running for you in that case though
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@TechFreak wrote:
Shouldn't take 2-3 weeks.. they might need to escalate to the back end team to actually get things up and running for you in that case though

?????????

Did you actually read the thread, the OP isn't a BT customer.

0 Ratings