cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Sorry, we're unable to identify your BT Email service. Please try again.

Go to solution

I recently cancelled my BT broadband and my email account was limited to basic. I'm trying to upgrade to Premium but, when I go through the upgrade procedure I get the above message. Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Sorry, we're unable to identify your BT Email service. Please try again.

Go to solution

Hi @T0pcat1

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the problems you're having signing up to Premium Mail.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

I'm now also unable to enter my BT Web mail or MyBT account due to error TS-0003. When I try to use the online chat system, it asks for my BT phone number which it then says it does not recognise. I've had it for over 40 years! What's going on?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Have you replied to the moderator as requested?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

I replied to his PM re the original problem. Now I have the other problems mentioned above!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Send another message to the moderator to advise him of the "new" problem.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

If you have ‘left’ BT , and now need some assistance to change your email from basic to premium that’s OK , but I would think your phone number is now irrelevant , presumably you ported that to whoever you moved to , or is simply now spare , so entering that number into BT systems ( even if it were originally a BT number ) is unlikely to work , I presume your BT ID is still valid for managing your email account .

Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

I have kept my BT line, so it should still show on BT's system. I cannot manage my email account because I'm being denied access to WebMail and MyBT. It's as if someone has deleted my whole BT account!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution
The reason I mentioned my phone number was because I was asked for it by the on line chat robot. When it didn't recognise it, chat stopped responding.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

Perhaps you can clarify, in your first post you state you have cancelled your BT broadband, but then state you have kept your BT line ?, are you saying you now only have ( and pay )  BT for line rental and calls , and either don’t have broadband at all , or have broadband from a totally different network ? or do you incorrectly think that if you pay another provider that uses Openreach it’s still a ‘BT’ line ?

Historically your phone number was an easy way to locate your account information, but you now can have BT broadband without any phone service at all ( so no telephone number is provided ) obviously in those cases asking for a phone number won’t serve any purpose, hence needing another method , like your BT ID , if you still have BT telephony without any BT broadband, then your number should still ‘find’ your account, but only if you are a current BT customer for telephony.

0 Ratings