cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Sorry, we're unable to identify your BT Email service. Please try again.

Go to solution
I still have a BT line, I kept it when I cancelled my broadband. I now have my broadband with another supplier. I pay BT £23 per month even though the land line is only there for emergencies.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

Is your broadband provider also using Openreach network, so is a line share arrangement with your BT telephony ? care to sate who the ISP is ?

If you have BT for telephony and another company for broadband on the same ‘line’ , this is SMPF ( shared metallic path facility) and is quite rare these days , as most ISP as a condition of providing broadband require you to also take their telephone ( that’s if you want a telephone service ) , the likes of Sky and Talk Talk don’t offer SMPF and haven’t for many years , they are MPF ( not SMPF ) providers.

On a separate mater , if you are prepared to pay BT £7.50 for email , and £23 for a ‘landline’ , £30 approximately how much you could get a combined BT line/broadband , including email , for , so unless this other ISP is effectively giving you their service for free , what was the incentive to leave BT broadband but keep BT telephony ? presumably it wasn’t price , and if was poor broadband ‘service’ it’s worth pointing out it’s the same Openreach or BTw broadband equipment if you change providers , but remain on the Openreach network .
Are you sure it’s still BT providing your telephone service , If you dial ‘150’ from your landline, who answers the call ?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution
Broadband is supplied by GoFibre. Full fibre to the premisis. Not sure if they are using Openreach facilities but, it's a seperate line from telephone. Not sure if GoFibre offer a phone service, I wasn't given the option. BT are not offering full fibre in my area. GoFibre are charging £45 for 300 mb/s with the first year half price. I wasn't aware that my phone and broadband were bought as a package, and it was only when I called to terminate my broadband that I was told it would be £23. If it's not BT providing my telephone service, then I'll have to have words about why they're billing me for it! I was being charged £64 a month for my 27mb/s broadband and my phone line, so I think I'm probably still saving, plus getting 10x speed.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

OK , makes more sense , the FTTP you have got is an Alt Net ( Alternative Network ) and completely separate from Openreach , I have no idea if they offer to include phone service if requested to , or they only offer broadband,  it’s all a little irrelevant now anyway…..

Presumably your instruction to BT was to remove broadband but leave the phone service working , and although this sounds simple enough , it may require more work behind the scenes than you would think , if your previous service was a combination phone/broadband package then perhaps to convert it to a phone  only account,  needs the original account closing and a ‘new’ phone only account providing , and although this possibility could be achieved fairly seamlessly fashion , in that the phone service doesn’t go off just the broadband , ( or if it did go off , it was for  no noticeable amount of time   ) the administration part ( deleting the old account and setting up a new one ) may result in a short period with no access to online management tools , the email issue not necessarily related as you could have upgraded the email to premium regardless of keeping the phone number and phone service.

I’m not stating this for a fact , but it’s seems a reasonable assumption, we’re you sent any details for the new arrangement, like if it had a new minimum term etc.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

You're right in that it was far from a seamless changeover. When I cancelled my broadband contract, I stipulated that I wanted to keep my landline (not realising they came as a package). When I received my email informing me of the cancellation, It said broadband AND phone would be terminated. I had to go through a lengthy (and frustrating ) period of reinstating the whole cancellation and re cancelling just the broadband. I was told it would be 24 hours before I could re-cancel, but it took about a week before my "order" to cancel the cancellation went through, allowing me to re-cancel my broadband. It was only at this time that I was informed my new landline contract would be for 12 months and would cost me £23 a month. By this time, I was so fed up, I just accepted it. My cancelation period was meant to be 30 days, but my broadband was disconnected the following day. Fortunately, GoFibre had given me a month free to take account of the 30 day period.

So, I'm still without e-mail and I can't seem to find a solution. I don't seem to exist as far as BT are concerned. I can't log in to my web mail or my MyBT page. When I tried to upgrade my basic email to premium, the system didn't recognise my email address. I'm stumped!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

As you have replied to the moderators in the method suggested, if you wait until you reach the top of their instack which is done on a first come first served basis, they will contact you and assist in getting your problem resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

Have you done a search on the error code TS-0003 ?
Are you trying to log into your BT email ( webmail ) from your Alt Net connection ? have you tried using an alternative method like a mobile phone , from work , from a neighbour, friend or relative that are not using this Alt Net ?,

AFAIK ( I’m no expert ) it often seems Alt Nets obtain/purchase IP addresses that were not originally associated with the UK , so any geographic restrictions the sites you visit have for ‘foreign’ visitors , may result in you being denied access , ( basically the site thinks you are not in the UK so doesn’t let you in ) 

Message 18 of 18

Go to solution
Thank you! That's what's causing it. I was using my laptop and mobile phone which are both connected to my router. Switched of wifi on my phone and, Bingo it worked. Many thanks for your patience. I can now wait till the moderator gets to my problem and see if he can figure out why the BT sustem doesn't recognise my broadband.
0 Ratings