Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terranaut
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Sort by sender

Go to solution

I used to be able to quickly sort my inbox by sender. In the "improved" btyahoo this option is not present under view/sort. I use this feature very frequently to file multiple emails from the same sender, rather than having to change destination each time. Am I missing something?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Sort by sender

Go to solution

To the top right just over the new adverts there is  a drop down labelled "view" the sort options are there.

0 Ratings
Terranaut
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for your swift reply Bob1001. You're quite right, but "sort by sender" is not one of the options.

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Very strange I have looked using both IE and Firefox and it is the top search option. Have you switched to the basic version to get rid of adverts as this gets rid of some of the options.

0 Ratings
Terranaut
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Nope. The sort options I'm seeing under View/Sort by are: Date, Unread, Attachments, Starred. Same in both Firefox and IE. Ads are there as are alternative themes.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Mike5531
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Sort by sender is still there in the Basic version.  Gear-Icons/ Settings/ Basic and it's to the left left above the topmost email.

0 Ratings
Terranaut
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Mike5531, thanks for your response. I've switched to the basic version. Not impressed with the new one anywaySmiley Sad

0 Ratings
mike2105
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Mike5531, Thanks for that too. Shame the basic version with the sort option and the ability to avoid adverts as first email line is better than the 'top' version. These are (were) my 2 main gripes with the 'improved' emails - at least we won't be looking elsewhere just yet.

0 Ratings
Roo1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I found everything improved once I disabled conversations; the sort-by-sender/subject options returned. I'm using Firefox and Adblock Plus so I don't see adverts - not even the 'first email line'. Just checked it out in the Chrome browser - ugh!

0 Ratings
Mike5531
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for the tip of disabling "Conversations".  For the benefit of anyone who, like me, thoght that 'Conversations' might be to do with instant messaging, it isn't! - it's an option under GearIcon/ Settings that refers to the displaying together of the history of emails that have the same heading.

0 Ratings