Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Spam Email

Go to solution

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help. 

I don't receive any emails into my spam folder which means that some emails that I may wish to receive I am not.   

Does anyone else have this same problem?

All help gratefully received. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Spam Email

Go to solution

The spam folder is where suspect emails are delivered. If you are not getting emails in this folder - it’s not a problem but rather a good thing as the system is able to make a clear differentiation between good emails and bad. Good emails go to inbox and bad should be dropped. 

it’s only a problem if people are telling you that they are trying to send to you and get an error message saying it’s spam. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Surely that means BT is deciding which of my emails are good or bad rather than me?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

If they didn't you wouldn't be able to use email at all for the volume of spam you would get.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

I understand that but to receive no spam emails at all? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Its not unusual, the only mail that goes in the spam folder is mail that BT think may be spam but aren't 100% sure otherwise spam will get dropped and genuine mail delivered to your inbox.

Are you aware of mail being sent to you that you aren't receiving?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Just a couple - 1 from autotrader a password reset and I suspect a train ticket - an e-ticket. It was the train ticket that set me looking as I received the confirmation email but not the email with the ticket attached.

Thanks for replying.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Unfortunately no spam filtering is ever 100% accurate and there is very little you can do except add the sender to your safe sender's list and mark any false positives that do arrive in your spam folder as 'not spam'.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

I will do - if I ever get any to mark as false positives!! That’s the problem they don’t arrive in the spam inbox they don’t seem to arrive anywhere!

thank you for your help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

You can still add senders to your safe senders list though, whole domains as well as individual addresses.