Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AnnS
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Spam Emails

Go to solution

Hi all,

I have a BT Inernet address and there is too much spam getting through and would like to know the procedures BT has for stoppiing these junk emails reaching my inbox.

I have had everyting from online dating agencies, gambling sites and car finance.  I am not interested and expect spam to be recognised and filtered.  I have blocked these nuisance mails and sent them to spam but they are still being sent.

Can you please let me know how BT can put a stop to these nuisance spammers?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Spam Emails

Go to solution
Have to agree. The spam is worse than it has ever been. Nobody ever seems interested in getting it sorted
0 Ratings
AnnS
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

This has just been sent to my inbox. 

Get a car finance deal for your new or used car,

from findmecarfinance.

I am not going to click to unscribe, I will only be confirming my email address as an invitation for more spammers.

I am getting up to 10 spam email per day, it is getting worse.

I don't get this problem with gmail and I expect spam to my BT Internet inbox filtered.

0 Ratings
MarkJ17
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

I'm now receiving up to 100 spam emails a day and no one at BT seems to be interested. I've spoken to them twice on the phone about it, as well as web chats and emails without any resolution and instead it gets worse. It seemed to start around the time that I moved house and had to cancel by arrangement with BT as they couldn't offer me fibre broadband as my new address. However, I decided to opt to stay with BT for my email and agreed to sign up to BT Mail at £5 a month. I'm beginning to think that was a mistake, as I only did it to avoid having to provide all of my contacts with a new email address but I now feel that would have been preferable to having spam emails dumped in my inbox at all hours of the day and night!

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can put a stop to this without changing my email address please advise?

0 Ratings
AnnS
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

I have received an email asking me to mark a reply as a solution.

Sorry, not solved yet and the thread remains open.

0 Ratings
ricci555
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

For me and (most people) Spam is horrendous at the moment and has been for months.

check out: https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Spam-Filter/m-p/1655430#M45948

As you will see a number of us now forward our BT emails to a free provider like gmail or outlook.com and simply read them from there. As they have spam filters that actually get rid of spam.

You can then simply send as using your btinternet.com address anyway. It's just nice to have a clutter free inbox again.

0 Ratings
ricci555
Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

My above reply might seem like hassle but believe me once you make the switch it's so much better having a clean inbox.

You don't need a new email address as you can simply use BT to forward, then send using your BTitnernet adress anyway.

The only difference is I now read and reply to emails using the outlook.com portal isntead of BT's. 

I've forgotten what spam is.

0 Ratings
timbates1
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

The continued spam problem is unbelievable. BT's arrogant incompetence beggars belief. Systems to deal with this are relatively simple. Indeed when linked to Yahoo, BTYahoo mail was pretty much spam free.

My wife gave up on BTmail a year ago and I soldiered on. I now spend 10 minutes a day creating rules to block the daily barrage of spam and am making little, if any, headway.

I'm afraid my wife was right. We are looking at other broadband providers.

0 Ratings
AnnS
Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

The spam continues.

This is what I have received this morning.

Iving the reins to the indulgence of his body, his speech, and his thoughts! What has he to do with the Path of Wisdom? To-day, when he comes to us, let us be on our guard not to speak with him." At the places where the five men all rose up, and respectfully saluted Buddha, when he came to them; w

from 

hty cubits in

BT This is unacceptable.

I do not want this rubbish in my inbox.

0 Ratings
ricci555
Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Exactly, this is why for the sake of 5 minutes to create an outlook.com account and forward your emails there, I can now read emails on my phone and dekstop spam free again.

I'm also now activily moving away from my BT address, purely based on how much better these free email services are.

0 Ratings