cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Spam & Trash Folders emptying too soon

have basic BT Mail

noticed recently my SPAM folder keeps emptying too early

only one spam message in it ???   appreciate i dont want spam messages but as we all know odd mails we do want end up incorrectly in SPAM so i do check regularly

cant seem to be anywhere that i can  set a period to keep them , then have them deleted automatically  ..eg  a month 

Thanks for any help or guidance on this 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Spam & Trash Folders emptying too soon

There are no settings you can make in webmail, however, if you are collecting mail via an app on mobile devices there may be a setting in the app that is deleting the messages at a shorter period of time.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

thanks for response    is there a limit to length of time i can keep emails in Basic BT Mail  as i use it for business purposes and i have years  past account e-mails ...   Would Basic BT Mail delete them at some point due to storage size ???

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

do view Basic BT Mail through google as Basic BT Mail doesnt work on certain platforms

When i log in via Google  into BT Mail   the settings are just the same as if look at it on a laptop which has also gone through google so i dont  think i have anything requesting they delete...it appears to have just started to delete for spam ???

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Hi @magicmark no, you get unlimited storage with BT Basic email.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@magicmark wrote:

thanks for response    is there a limit to length of time i can keep emails in Basic BT Mail  as i use it for business purposes and i have years  past account e-mails ...   Would Basic BT Mail delete them at some point due to storage size ???

I can't believe anyone would use Basic BT mail without backups for business use!!!

Message 7 of 8

OH Dear

Sadly although knowledgeable  and useful in your replies, as per other people who have commented on your quirky sarcastic  comments , you have replied a little too fast and not engaged your brain before typing your message ,

I do have backups.

Paper backup 

EML Backup

Also original e-mail fired over to somewhere else in case i loose it whilst dealing with it..

The basic BT Mail does me OK and its just convenient to uses it as i have used BT Mail for years ..

My concern is really the SPAM folder...my business emails can occasionally be picked up and dropped into the SPAM folder so i want to ensure i dont miss those mail messages.  However in this case the folder only had one mail in it..

Where have all the rest gone.????

At no point did i say i dont have backups and made no reference to a backup at all during in my post.

But..thankyou for the useful reply ..much appreciated..

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

If you collect mail using a mobile app, the programme may have a setting that deletes messages after a certain amount of time has passed.

0 Ratings