cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clogalot
Message 1 of 8

Spam control options in BT Mail

Go to solution

I want to automatically download messages that BTmail flags as spam and routes to the spam folder, using IMAP.

There appear to be no options to re-route to the inbox, switch off spam filter or creater a rule/filter to achieve such a basic operation.

This means I have to use web mail to check the spam box.

Surely I must be able download mail flagged as spam so that I can do spam filtering via my email client (Thunderbird) as I did previously with BT Yahoo mail?

Does anyone have a solution, please?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Spam control options in BT Mail

Go to solution

There are no options to do as you want with BTMail. I don't use T'bird so I'm not sure of the folder infrastructure but if you are using IMAP is the BTMail spam not visible which would allow you to manage it via T'bird.

0 Ratings
clogalot
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.

As you intimated, I had expected the spam folder to turn up in T bird, but it does not. I also use Gmail app. on my tablet and it does not show there either. I tried creating "Spam" folder in Tbird, but BT mail disallows its creation (via IMAP). I have created other folders successfully and they sync with BTmail without problems.

It seems then that BTmail won't sync the spam folder and does not provide a means (via rules) of routing spam into the inbox or switching off spam control. Oddly, it provides this option using pop 3 but not when using IMAP.

I can't believe I'm the only person having this problem. It seems such an obvious requirement!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

I use the Aquamail app on my Android phone and it shows the spam folder and allows it to be managed. Is there nothing in the T'bird settings where you can tick a box to allow the spam folder to be shown. 

0 Ratings
clogalot
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Solved!

Informing me that your Aquamail app shows the spam folder tells me that it is not a BT problem. Eventually discovered that I had to specifically "subscribe" to an undisplayed spam folder. T'bird uses Junk folders instead. The setting was in a different part of T'bird. Very confusing.

It now displays and syncs.

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I thought there would be a setting somewhere in T'bird. Glad to hear you got it sorted.

0 Ratings
Pietro24
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
For the rest of us with a similar T'bird problem, could you please post the solution details?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

You will need to go into the T'bird settings and make sure that you have selected the spam box to be displayed.

See link

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-and-junk-spam-messages

0 Ratings