cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rperc13
Message 1 of 5

Spam email

I keep finding emails in my spam box that purport to come from BT, some of which look quite genuine and are signed by a familiar BT name. The message says that my card details need to be confirmed by clicking on a link. If I fail to do so, my next payment will not be made and my account will be frozen. Clearly this is all nonsense, not least because I pay by direct debit on my bank account, not on a card. So of course I do not click on the link. But how can I report this to BT and perhaps forward the email to them. The sender's email address appears to be no-reply@bt.com.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Spam email

You are right not to click on any links that these emails have. BT will never ask you to provide or confirm bank details or usernames etc.

See this link about phishing emails and what you can do with them.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9191/~/what-is-a-phishing-scam%3F-is-the-email-i-have...

0 Ratings
rperc13
Message 3 of 5

Thanks

0 Ratings
rperc13
Message 4 of 5

It still seems strange to me that while BT is quite good at putting spam emails directly into the spam box, the ones that I regularly find in my Inbox are the fake BT ones. You would think they could work out how to spot those ones.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@rperc13 if you forward it on to phishing@bt.com it will help the fraud team detect and block these in the future.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings