cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Spam filter too trigger-happy

I know this topic has cropped-up a number of times over the years, but since the "upgrade", the BT spam filter is WAY too trigger-happy.

I use Gmail via pop to collect my btinternet.com mails and have found a few important ones missing. Eventually, I tracked them to the BT mail spam box.

Anyone know how to tame it?

Specifically...

1. can you disable the BT spam filter and leave it up to other platforms/applications/software

2. can you tame it by reducing its sensitivity

3. can you control it by never deleting stuff it thinks is spam

4. is there anywhere that allows for settings relating to the spam filter process - I've not stumbled across anything remotely like a control panel or settings for it.

Is there a workaround to 'fool' the spam filter into passing everything?

I hate not being able to control this sort of stuff - not everyone is clueless.

Help, advice, pointers appreciated.

Andrew.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Spam filter too trigger-happy

@AndrewC0303 wrote:

I know this topic has cropped-up a number of times over the years, but since the "upgrade", the BT spam filter is WAY too trigger-happy.

I use Gmail via pop to collect my btinternet.com mails and have found a few important ones missing. Eventually, I tracked them to the BT mail spam box.

Anyone know how to tame it?

Specifically...

1. can you disable the BT spam filter and leave it up to other platforms/applications/software  No

2. can you tame it by reducing its sensitivity No

3. can you control it by never deleting stuff it thinks is spam No but you can mark wrongly classified emails as not spam and add the email address or domain to your  "safe senders" list which should eventually help the spam filters catch up. See link how to do that.

4. is there anywhere that allows for settings relating to the spam filter process - I've not stumbled across anything remotely like a control panel or settings for it. No

Is there a workaround to 'fool' the spam filter into passing everything? No

I hate not being able to control this sort of stuff - not everyone is a clueless moronic grandma (or grandad).

Help, advice, pointers appreciated.

Andrew.

See links and sub links

https://www.bt.com/help/email/we-ve-updated-your-email

https://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/internet/bt-email-settings-tips-auto-reply-signature-11364367965932

0 Ratings