cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 33

Spam in my inbox

Is it just me or is anyone else getting loads of junk e mail  in their inbox instead of it being redirected to their spam folder? It has become terrible recently!

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33

Re: Spam in my inbox

yes loads in the last few days

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 33

None whatsoever, seriously.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 33

Me too.  Today I received about 5 that were so obvious, including Chinese symbols and messages re bitcoin.  

I am going to try and contact BT to see if there's an issue with their filters.  I think there must be but it has got so much worse recently.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 33

Even more annoying when attempting to use * to block multiple spam mails all ending in "onmicrosoft.com" the filter refused to accept  * or ** such as "**@**onmicrosoft.com" 

Is the universally accepted symbol * to substitute a letter/symbol not recognised by BT?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 33

If you really have no spam then maybe you could help the rest of us to figure out why we have and how to avoid it? I've had 10 spam emails land in my inbox today. I mark and block them all, but every day there are more than the day before. It's getting very annoying. It also can be scary if I wake up to things on my phone where I can't immediately tell if they're real or not, because I can't see the sender's actual email address there (... is there a way to see it  - iPhone 12??).

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 33

This was meant to be a reply to @liquorice.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 33

I too am getting loads more spam coming in. This week they all seem to be from  twitter accounts ( i’m not even on twitter). I’m tried to find out why bt security seems to have got to pot 🤷‍♀️

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 33

@Sue036  I suspect the reason I don't get any spam is because I don't use social media and I am very careful about divulging my email address.

Message 10 of 33

@licquorice wrote:

@Sue036  I suspect the reason I don't get any spam is because I don't use social media and I am very careful about divulging my email address.

Same here.