cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Spam in my inbox

I am getting loads of emails in my inbox (about my virus protection expiring) from email addresses such as "XXXXXXX@gmail.com" even though they are supposed to be from Norton or Mcafee. The email addresses keep changing on every  email I get so even though I block the sender and report as spam, it makes no difference as they just change the sender email address. The email addresses are always just a long string of letters followed by gmail. I'm getting at least 6 of these a day and have been for the last week. How can I stop them please as I've received another one today and this time it is supposedly from Tesco? Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Spam in my inbox

If you search the forum you will see that there are a few other posts about it and BT are trying to resolve the issue.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Thank you. I didn't look properly for other posts as I was so fed up with an ever increasing number each day. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Well here's a funny thing: It seemed to have slowed right down in the last couple of days without me actually doing anything, so maybe BT are doing something about it? Anyway l changed my BT mail password yesterday and this morning there is 0 junk mail. Before it got to the stage l was getting a dozen or so in 1 day!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Thanks for the advice, I've change my password so I'll see if that helps. In my settings I've also set up rules to discard emails if they contain certain characters or words in the subject and this has definitely helped too although they do change and I have to set up new rules - its a constant battle! Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Changing your password will have absolutely zero effect on receiving spam, it is pure coincidence.

Message 7 of 11

Yes l know but l have heard it's a good idea to keep changing it. My brother in law got his account hacked ( He probably hadn't changed it for years!)😜
Message 8 of 11

@Roy_H wrote:
Yes l know but l have heard it's a good idea to keep changing it. My brother in law got his account hacked ( He probably hadn't changed it for years!)😜

Yes it is a good idea to change your password every so often if you have a weak password or use the same one over multiple accounts but I don't really see the relevance of posting about it on this thread with the comment "I've change my password so I'll see if that helps" if you already know, as has been stated that changing it will have absolutely no effect on the amount of spam you receive.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

I didn't already know as the post about changing the password having no benefit was sent after mine saying I would change it. Thanks for your contribution though.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@gg30340   "I've change my password so I'll see if that helps"   I didn't say that, someone else  did.😋

0 Ratings