cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david230757
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Spam problem>

The last week or so I've been getting loads of spam, the worst it's been for years. Is it just me or is there a general problem. I saw the thread about the a problem a couple of months ago but that was supposed to have been fixed.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Spam problem>

Unfortunately spam problems don't get 'fixed' per se, the algorithms are continuously being updated to try to keep one step ahead of the spammers but it doesn't always work. It will catch up eventually.

0 Ratings
david230757
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Apparently problems do sometimes get fixed, when I did a search before posting I found from this post from a BT admin in a thread with lots of complaints:
"Good morning everyone, I am sorry for the increase in spam messages finding their way to your inbox yesterday. We had an issue with our antispam filter. Work was carried out immediately to address this, and at 23.00 last night, the issue was fixed. Cheers Sean"
As things seemed to have cleared up after that I was wondering if something particular to my account might be screwed up or if the problem is more widespread.
0 Ratings
JulieT21
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

I also have a problem with spam emails that are diverted to my spam box , or I divert them when they are missed. But the list has been getting bigger over the last 3 months and nothing has gone . 

I also have a problem with the disappearance of my sent emails , but I have not had any solution to this issue 😟

0 Ratings
duncansby
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

Hi - I am having the same problem - I get two or three a day claiming to be from Tesco or British Gas - they always have a random gmail address - have tried blocking them and putting them in the spam folder but it's not improving. Any hints or tips greatly appreciated
0 Ratings
Toilet-Duck
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Same issue here yet again 🙄 the same problem occurred a few months ago, until an official eventually confirmed it was a known issue and it was fixed a few days later...

0 Ratings
Leebool
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Same issue here. Increased spam going straight to my inbox over the last week or so. Mostly scam emails from ‘Forbes’ ‘British Gas’ etc..

0 Ratings
david230757
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

I guess it's not just me then, but no sign of BT fixing it.

Still getting much more spam in my regular inbox than in my spam folder

0 Ratings
essjay
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Ongoing spam for me as well! It would see that complaining here has little to no effect at all. Are these grievances being ‘flagged’ up at all by the ‘mods’ here, or is it just a case that BT just aren’t listening?

0 Ratings
DISRUPTED
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Ongoing....

(How many vacuum cleaners can one household use...?)

0 Ratings