Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wingers
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Spam settings missing from options

with the new bt yahoo email layout - when you go into options there is no spam option in left hand pane to disable it - despite the help guide telling you this is where it is

http://btybb.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34710/kw/spam

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Spam settings missing from options

0 Ratings
wingers
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

not relevant to my questions

My point is I cannot turn spamguard off as when you go to options there is not spam section in left hand pane to select to turn it off

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 9

@wingers wrote:

with the new bt yahoo email layout - when you go into options there is no spam option in left hand pane to disable it - despite the help guide telling you this is where it is

http://btybb.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34710/kw/spam

Hi again.

It doesn't turn it off, but all the emails are sent to the Inbox - which is effectively the same thing.

0 Ratings
wingers
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

think you are missing my point

There is not option to turn it off or do anything with it, as the spam section in left hand column described in link I posted does not appear at all so cannot change anything to do with spam

Look at link I posted then read my messages carefully and hopefully it will make sense!

I have attached a picture to make it easier to understand - instructions say click on spam in left hand column to change settings - spam does not appear - get it? the only spam settings showing are to do with showing images and how often to empty

spam.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

@wingers wrote:

think you are missing my point

There is not option to turn it off or do anything with it, as the spam section in left hand column described in link I posted does not appear at all so cannot change anything to do with spam

Look at link I posted then read my messages carefully and hopefully it will make sense!

I have attached a picture to make it easier to understand - instructions say click on spam in left hand column to change settings - spam does not appear - get it? the only spam settings showing are to do with showing images and how often to empty

Apologies.

This is due to the help system being out of step Smiley Indifferent

The place to go is Mail Options/Pop & Forwarding - it's the top item.

0 Ratings
wingers
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

again not relevant - this doesn't contain settings for turning off spamguard or for stopping it moving messages to the spam folder - it only affects pop users not webmail users

Should be option to turn it off completely like in previous versions of bt yahoo webmail

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

I think this is the option you're looking for:

Spoiler
Capture.JPG

That's from Classic Mail and was dropped in the new version introduced about 18 months ago; as far as I know it's still missing from the even newer version introduced just recently. The difference with the latest upgrade (or downgrade depending on your point of view) is that it seems to be appearing uninvited for many people. A cynic might conclude that this version is being forced to avoid the many refusals to upgrade which occurred last time.

It is still possible to go back to Classic Mail, and there are some suggestions here. Reverting might turn out to be futile however as BT said the other day that Classic Mail was to be closed from 25 March; they quickly withdrew that but I'd be surprised if it doesn't crop up again.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

@wingers wrote:

again not relevant - this doesn't contain settings for turning off spamguard or for stopping it moving messages to the spam folder - it only affects pop users not webmail users

Should be option to turn it off completely like in previous versions of bt yahoo webmail

Apologies, I was only referring to pop access (for imap users it's fine anyway).

As pottperson said, the classic webmail interface is still currently available - though it needs user intervention to get at it.

0 Ratings