cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

My spam folder is suddenly deluged with spam - any reason?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Spam

Go to solution

BT's spam filters appear to be having a problem with the recent methods that spammers have deployed to circumvent the spam filters which would normally remove these spam emails prior to reaching your account.

Because of the method being used by the spammers the filters can not decide whether or not they are genuine emails and therefore they use the "fall back" of placing them into your spam folder, which is what it is there for,  to allow you to decide if they are genuine or not.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thank you - almost what I suspected. Most seem to have very complex from-addresses which makes the task of looking for non-spam a tad easier!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

BT Mail Spam Folder

Go to solution

I'm a BT Premium Mail customer and found that over the years the 'Spam' Email folder only ever contained one or two spam emails, if that, on a daily basis, so I assumed that a lot of spam was being filtered and deleted at source by whatever spam controls BT had in place. 

But in the last week, that Spam email box has been filled daily with as much as 60+ emails on one day alone, and continues to do so and I now simply just delete them wholesale. Interesting thing is that while they all purport to come from different domains, they all have the same structure and my Norton AV confirms that they are all 'known dangerous pages'. 

I have spoken to BT mail support by Webchat and they have tested my presence and confirmed there is nothing untoward happening. But am I right in assuming that BT have always controlled 'bulk spam' coming through and now that control is missing?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I'm exactly the same which is reassuring that it's a BT problem and not a personal one, i.e. I am being particularly targeted.  Yes, some days, 60+ spam emails that, although they purport to come from different domains, all take exactly the same structure and all are identified by my Norton A/V as 'dangerous pages to enter'. 

I'm just deleting the whole 'spam box' daily now!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Yes, that's my response also. A quick 'Spam Scan' and then the lot goes!  Regards  Roger