cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7
Getting a lot of spam emails all of sudden. Whats gone wrong?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Spam

Go to solution
Same here, lots of Spam emails today.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Since my original post I have had further 6 spams. This email behaviour happened awhile ago and stopped but now it’s happening again. Definitely something wrong.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

My account has had 15 today!

And only 5 were flagged as spam by the BT servers?

What is going wrong there.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@Dippuwrote:
Since my original post I have had further 6 spams. This email behaviour happened awhile ago and stopped but now it’s happening again. Definitely something wrong.

There are usually a couple of reasons for the apparent increase in spam. Either the anti-spam engines have a performance issue, maybe because one or more of them isn't working - or the spammers have found new ways of getting their spam through the anti-spam systems.

For the latter, that's a well known situation and nothing can be done about it until the engines catch up to recognise the signatures to get them blocked.

For the former, well we were told that there was an updated system introduced recently. That also being the case, the latter should also not be as prevelant.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I think you may be missing the point.

Yesterday I had 15 unwanted emails 5 were automatically marked as spam 10 were not marked at all.

But last week I had NO unwanted emails, marked or otherwise.

I agree that somewhere in the world, another spammer has found my email address, but it is annoying.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Spoiler

Not sure why you say I'm missing the point. I see your point and gave the two most likely scenarios. No spam last week doesn't mean zero this week. Sometimes spammers seem to lie dormant, then a campaign starts and end users suddenly see spam for no apparent reason.

It's not as simple as a continuous flow.

0 Ratings