cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Spam

How do I stop BT from labelling an email as spam and not forwarding it to me?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Spam

Is it going into your spam folder or is it not reaching your email account?

If you know the email address you should first of all look in your "Blocked Senders" list.  Log onto your BTMail account using a browser, not an email client/app, and then click on your username at the right hand side. Select "Settings" then go to the left hand side and select "Mail". Scroll down and click on "Blocked Senders". Scroll down the list until you find the email address and the email domain (the bit after @) per chance it is blocked. To unblock it select it. Click on "delete".

You could also add the email address to your "Safe Senders" list. This is found in the same way as above and you add the email address and click Save.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.  My "Blocked Senders" list was empty.

When I tried to access my account via a browser on Tuesday morning I got " Your email, username or password was incorrect."  So I went through the rigmarole of changing my password - still no access!  On Wednesday, using the new password I was able to access the account and check the emails there etc.  Today, Thursday, I am once again unable to access my account, regardless of whether I let Microsoft fill in the boxes or I type the details in manually.  I have tried new and old passwords.

I have other email accounts, Apple & Google, which do not give any trouble at all.

Email volume is low - I am retired - 18 in the last 10 days with 6 on Monday and 5 on Tuesday reflecting my Ebay purchases of nuts and bolts in various sizes.

Best wishes, Geoffrey.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

When you get the message that "your username or password is incorrect" and you know for sure you have entered the correct details the best thing to do is just leave things alone and don't change the password. 

It is usually a BT server issue and will usually clear its self.

Make sure you are using the up to date log on page   BTMail  and it may be worth clearing your browser's history and cookies per chance there are old cookies causing problems.

0 Ratings