cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Spell Check

Go to solution

Hi,

Does any one know how I can switch on the spell check function on when composing an email? Like does it even have a spell check function?

Cheers

Jim

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Spell Check

Go to solution

That is normally a function of the web browser, if you are using webmail.

Message 3 of 16

Go to solution
Thanks Keith. It took some looking for (way down the list of options) but I eventually found it and it's now switched on!
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Hello.   I am struggling to get a spell check on my BT emails.  I use firefox and this is ticked to spell check; and I also use windows which is ticked to spell check - but when I write an email I do not get any underline to indicate an incorrect spelling etc.  Can anyone help me please?  Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@Kim123 

You need to add the spell checker to Firefox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/english-gb-language-pack/

Only if you want GB spell check rather than US.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Keith. Thanks for getting back to me,  I have added the spell checker to firefox.  The short cut emails I access via the start button now spell check;   but not the full system emails I access through www.btmail.com.  Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

@Kim123 wrote:

The short cut emails I access via the start button now spell check;   but not the full system emails I access through www.btmail.com.  Any ideas?

No idea what you mean by that.

The email login is here 

The BT email system doesn't have its own spell check, so any spell checking is done by whatever application you use for mail. If the application doesn't have a spell check function then there is no other spell checking functionality.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Hi  Licquorice- sorry I'm not very tecky.  I clicked on the link suggested, so have assumed its now in place with firefox.  I will rewrite my questions to see if its clearer:  I can access my emails either through (1) the start button on my laptop - and this now has spell check in place or (2) though the bt webpage and this still does not have spell check.  

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

What button is it you are using on the start menu, presumably it opens a mail client. If you login at the link I posted, do you get spell check?  www.btmail.com doesn't go anywhere, so not sure where you are currently logging in.

0 Ratings