Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grumpyfella
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Spell Checker missing

Bt Mail has a new interface!

There is no Spell Checker - almost unbelievable  incompetence BT.

The old Spell Checker was very poor but even that was  better than nothing - only just !!!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Spell Checker missing

Yes it does.

Using Chrome if you spell a word incorrectly it is underlined in red and if you then right click on it you will be given a choice of words to correct the misspelled word with. Scroll down to the one you want and click on it. 

EDIT: It must be based on your browser's spell checker because it does not work in Firefox that I occasionally use which does not have a spell checker add on.

It works fine in Opera.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 9

Re: Spell Checker missing

Using Browser IE11, compose an email in the BT Mail page.

For a trial:- type in a mis-spelt word, e.g "wurk", then when typing more text you find "wurk" has a red underline.
Right click on "wurk" and correction options are shown.

0 Ratings
Grumpyfella
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Spell Checker Missing in NEW Bt Mail

Spell Checker.JPGNo Spell Check feature shown here

0 Ratings
Grumpyfella
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Spell Checker correction

ERROR: On my part !

My previous post is showning  the Compose page which was as the OLD page which does show a Spell CheckerSpell Checker.JPG.

This new attachment is the image of"NEW BT MAIL" showing NO Spell Checker which shold be to the right of  "attach file" area

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Re: Spell Checker correction

I think the point is the spellchecker is built in as you type so should you type and incorrect spelling then that will show with a red line and selecting the misspelt word will give you choices of the correct spelling

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Grumpyfella
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

There are no red lines !! There is no spell checker !!!! The previous version of BT Mail had a spell checker the new version has not !!
Look at my screen grabs of old aand new versions. Not everybody has yet access to the new version this explains these postings.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Your screen grabs are unreadable.  There is no icon anymore. Your typing is being checked as you type and if spelt wrongly it is highlighted by being underlined in red

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Grumpyfella
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

NO Spell Checker on New BT Mail

In the Old version of BT Mail on the "Compose" page there is a grouping of "abc" with a drop down menu. This feature is on the right hand side of the page. Immediately opposite to this you have the "attach file or drag and drop files from your desktop to this area" facility. On the New BT Mail there is nothing opposite the "attach file or drag and drop files from your desktop to this area" facility. I hope this makes things clear! Thre is no spell checker as before! Not everybody at present has the New version of BT Mail now called Web Mail
0 Ratings