Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Spot the difference! I can't.

Go to solution
I want to set up my bt email account (God only knows why I cannot access the existing one) and the the email addresses apoearantly don't match. I took a screen shot with the error message which shows identical email addresses. Has anyone come across with this issue? As it stands I don't have a valid bt email address and I cannot set up one either for some reason. It's a mess to be honest. I managed to change password (forgotten password menu point) but I don't even know how to use the new one. Ridiculous. I can log into my bt but can't access emails from there. Help please, BT's customer service is absolutely rubbish ... and I do hope they read this.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Spot the difference! I can't.

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
That's all well and good but what happens with my primary address? That's supposed to be still up and running somewhere. All the communication, bills etc are there.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Not being a mind reader I can only go on the information you posted "As it stands I don't have a valid bt email address and I cannot set up one either for some reason."  which appears that you were requesting information how to set up an email address. 

If that is not the case you should post more information about what has happened to cause your mess.  ie. was your primary email previously working when you set it up? Is the primary email address the same as your BTID? and any other relevant information about what you have done with regards to the mess you are in.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

You don't have to read my mind, just don't respond. If you are a BT employee please refrain from that sort of phrases because I've had enough of this provider already.

The email was set up 8 years ago and I checked it occasionally and yes, it worked. Now it seems to be tangled up with BT ID and all that sort but more annoyingly I'm  getting error messages such as: 'temporarily unavailable, try again' or after 1!!!! attempt 'you have tryied too many times, try again in 15 minutes'. Then I tried to manage my emails, I had to set up an email address and when I repaeted the email address the message was the two didn't match. This was the point when I had to leave my computer before smashing it to pieces and this was the point when I typed up a **bleep**ty complain email... but it wasn't recieved from the registered email address so, again, it was not logged.

Please someone tell me, why do I have to login to my emails if I have already logged in to MY BT?! Where is the logic? And how is it possible that the email address is not synced with my BT ID? I have never left BT, my account should be consistent. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks, but I don't need a new address, I want access my old one with all the bills and correspondence etc. Besides, if I want to make a complaint it has to come from an address restered to my account... but I cannot access, can I. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Kandesz79 Sorry you are having difficulty accessing your email account. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

It will take a few days to get to your case and if you need access quicker then please try the Live Chat Team and they will be able to help you. 

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@Kandesz79 I called there but missed you. I wanted to let you know that I've reported the problems with your email to our technical team and I will monitor the case to ensure it gets sorted.

0 Ratings