cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David03d
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Spurious delivery receipts

I have been receiving multiple delivery receipts for a few emails I sent last September/October/November (i.e. 2020).  They all refer to emails from me to a few individuals on one email domain (the bit after the '@' symbol, and it does not matter whether the address is in the 'To' box or the 'Cc' box.  On average I get one or two of these delivery receipts a day.  I delete them as they arrive, but the flow shows no signs of stopping, and it is using up precious bandwidth.  Is there anything I can do from my end to interrupt the stream?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Spurious delivery receipts

The few bytes are hardly using 'precious bandwidth'. If you are not requesting the receipts, the problem would appear to be with the recipients mail system.

0 Ratings
allanraymond
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Spurious delivery receipts

I've been having the same issue with old delivery receipts coming months after I sent the original email. I only request delivery receipts for a small number of the emails which I send each day. I'm not all that concerned about the late delivery notifications as I delete them when they arrive, but would be interested to know the reason for the delay.
0 Ratings