Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jdc1982
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Starbucks footer in Outlook

Go to solution

Hi All,

First post/questions so please be gentle.

Has anone else experienced an issue which affects microsoft outlook 2013 incoming emails. After logging onto a btopenzone spot at a starbucks branch my incoming emails now displays what looks like a footer from starbucks?

This has never happened before today.

Thanks,

J

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Starbucks footer in Outlook

Go to solution

You will probably have agreed to Starbucks advertising when you agreed to their Terms and Conditions when you signed into their hotspot.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11049/~/what%E2%80%99s-the-difference-between-a-bt-op...

0 Ratings
jdc1982
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks for that... any idea how I might unsubscribe from there though. I've tried looking at eveything and can't seem to find how it would allow a programme on my laptop to be affected by logging on to a bt hotspot - and why has it never happened before?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

With out seeing your email program I am not entirely sure what has happened to it but have a look at this link it might throw some light on it.

**edited by Mod**

If the link I posted gets removed do a search for "starbucks for outlook"

0 Ratings
jdc1982
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Really appreciate your help on this. Still a problem and I'm not convinced the starbucks add-in is the issue as I can't currently find it as an add-on on my laptop. I've emailed both Starbucks and BT asking for advice. Just in case you're curious I've attched a screen grab of the footer as it may offer a little more info for you. The images display when on BT wifi hotspot, but not my home hub or any other network connection.starbucks snap.JPG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

I can only assume that the footer is being added to your email via BT because you are accessing it from the Starbucks Openzone hotspot. (No doubt Starbucks pay BT a fee)  Have you checked to see if the footer is added to the actual email on webmail before it is downloaded by Outlook?

0 Ratings
jdc1982
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Not footer until downloaded through outlook.

0 Ratings
jdc1982
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

And the infuriating thing is it downloads this footer even when it's not a hotpsot, i.e. home hub

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

There must have been something added to your Outlook program. Go into the "options" and check through all the settings and check that there are no "add ins" or signatures.

See link for Outlook

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Enable-or-disable-add-ins-in-Office-programs-3e533d0f-a6cf-...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

If you can not find any "Add Ins" try running ADWCleaner.

It is a reputable free program from Malwarebytes that will scan your computer for malware, browser toolbars and PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Program).

It might find what is causing the footers to be added.

0 Ratings