cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marg0105
Contributor
Message 1 of 132

Staying Logged In?

Despite ticking the "keep me logged in" box BT Mail keeps logging me out - it used to be at about weekly intervals which I could cope with but now it seems to be almost hourly which is irritating and time consuming.

Has anyone any advice/suggestions please?

My other issue is that individual emails are extrememly slow to load, the first line or two loads then there is a long wait before the rest of the page appears.......

Again any suggestions how I can improve this please?

Thank you

Marg0105

0 Ratings
131 REPLIES 131
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 132

Re: Staying Logged In?

Don't use Webmail but get yourself an email client, like Outlook or Thunderbird, on your PCs.

Message 3 of 132

Thank you for your advice - I have this facility but apart from these issues & for record keeping reasons I prefer the webmail. It shouldn't be beyond BT to provide a service fit for purpose!

I was seeking possible reasons & solutions why it has changed for the worse over the past week or so.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 132

Probably to increase your security. A permanent open login to webmail is not a good idea.

Stephen5000
Contributor
Message 5 of 132

It should be your decision to remain logged in, if you are willing to accept the risks, so be it - web mail for many is a great facility, but to be logged out after sometimes only 10 minutes is a real PIA! I'm begging BT to treat us like adults and let users decide ...

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 132

Most people don't understand the risk so are unable to make that decision.

0 Ratings
Stephen5000
Contributor
Message 7 of 132

Most people shouldn't be allowed out without adult supervision, still, no reason to inconvenience me LOL

Ultraviolet13
Beginner
Message 8 of 132

Hi,

I've recently been seeing a message when I tick the 'Keep Me Logged In' box, saying that the "feature is being discontinued and (sorry for any inconvenience)".

Today I've been logged out of my BT Email account after exactly every 2 hours of use, meaning I've now had to log in 5 times to keep my email access open. If it carries on at this interval I will end up having to log in at least 7 or 8 times a day.

This is on a private home computer, which isn't shared with, or accessed by anyone else. It seems ridiculous to implement &  enforce such a short login period without giving users any say in the matter. (A bit more than just an 'inconvenience'). 

Ian

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 132

I hardly think that having to log in every 2 hours is a huge inconvenience.

If you were to use the right tool for the job, an email client, you wouldn't have this problem. It logs in checks for mail and then logs out automatically every 10 minutes or how often you have set it to.

It doesn't matter whether you are the only user, the vulnerability is at the network level not your computer.

XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 132

@Ultraviolet13: I'll just remind you of my advice of 11 Sept: https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Staying-Logged-In/m-p/1775801/highlight/true#M53772 🙂