cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shade77
Message 1 of 19

Still no 2FA on BT Email accounts in 2017

I've asked this question a few times on BT's Twitter support page, but it was met with a deafing silence... Also noticed that a few people have asked the same question, but BT haven't offically responded.

Given the amount of High Profile cyber attacks in recent times, isn't it about time that BT got up to speed and introduced 2 Factor Authentication onto their accounts?

There never seems to be an offical statement on why they don't provide it? Ironincally though, they talked about 2FA in a article on their website http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/internet/the-simple-way-to-make-your-online-accounts-unhackable-1136...

This article was posted over two years ago and still BT don't practice why they preach.

I'd like to hear some kind of official statement on why they aren't using it? I posed the question to the online chat - and well you can guess how that went.. Not very well.

I'm reluctant to use my BT email account and more specifically my BT Cloud due to the fact that there is no 2FA offering from BT.

So, BT Mods, can i get some kind of response on this?

Surely Security is an important topic or is it a case of " We are too big to get Hacked".

And before you ask, Yes, I take all the necesssary precautions when online and with passwords. 2FA is just another wall to stop would be hackers.

Look forward to your response.

M.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Still no 2FA on BT Email accounts in 2017

@Shade77 wrote:

Look forward to your response.

M.

Don't hold your breath. The BT mail team can't even operate what they have let alone implement something new.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 19

There was a BT Mail Expert, Simon-D who used to post occasionally on the forum who may have been in a position to answer your question. He has not posted since May 2017, although he still visits the forum. Perhaps if he reads your post he will post back an answer.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 19

pig2.GIF

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

I was saying it tongue in cheek Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Shade77
Message 6 of 19

No response at all from anyone at BT regarding this, I again ask, Can the Moderators Please give some information on this - it's a valid question and one that I feel hasn't been addressed at all by BT - they are more or less sticking their heads in the sand regarding this.

@SeanD or any other moderator - Can you please clarify BT's position on 2FA and why you are so relucant to add it to our accounts?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Shade77
Message 7 of 19

This is a genuine question, Yet no one from BT seems to be bothered to respond.

As I have mentioned before, Account security should be at the forefront of BT's Strategy, yet (if the reluctance to clarify their position is anything to go by) then it seems that they don't really care about it and think that it isn't an issue.

Who can confirm BT's position on this? Or is it a case of it won't be an issue until something happens.

@StephanieG

@SeanD

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 19

I would suggest you email the CEO of BT and ask him. You will find his email address with a simple Internet search.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 9 of 19

Hi @Shade77,

Apologies for not responding on this earlier.  I know account security is extremely important at BT.  I dont know the answer to your particular question with regards to 2 factor authentication at the moment Smiley Sad I am however trying to get an answer for you.

The second I can share some information with you I will do so here on this thread.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 10 of 19

@Shade77 wrote:

No response at all from anyone at BT regarding this, I again ask, Can the Moderators Please give some information on this - it's a valid question and one that I feel hasn't been addressed at all by BT - they are more or less sticking their heads in the sand regarding this.

@SeanD or any other moderator - Can you please clarify BT's position on 2FA and why you are so relucant to add it to our accounts?

Thank you.

Hi @Shade77,

I've received an update from our security team in relation to two factor authentication.  Glad to say its good news!

We absolutely do have plans to launch Two Factor Authentication, across both our apps and BT.com.  We're hoping to launch this in the second half of 2018. However, we're constantly implementing new security features across BT, working hard to keep all our customers safe until 2FA arrives.

Customer account security is vitally important to BT, I cant stress this enough, we have a large security team working around the clock to keep your accounts safe and sound Smiley Wink

When 2FA is launched we will let everyone know. 

I am very sorry that you couldn't get this answer when trying other contacts routes into BT.

Cheers 

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings