Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cassie
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Still trying to change e-mail password

This is like Ground Hog Day, as I posted a question about this last year.

I have forgotten my BT/Yahoo  e-mail password.

My IMac, Ipad and Iphone all know it as I have obviously asked for it to be remembered, pity I didn't write it down, or even had it tattooed somewhere discreet.

However I still want to know it myself, and will write it down in my little book, where I have over 50 passwords written down, most of which are redundant.

Anyway, I want to change my security question/reset password. There is no way I can change this or know what my favourite colour is, and can't believe that was even a question?

Thought I'd cracked it but sadly only changed security question on my BT ID password, quite easy and was sent a code.

Then rang the dreaded BT chat line, after 30 mins and 2 agent and answering the same questions numerous times, I was offered a reset of my password, since I told them no, changing my BT ID passord was not the same as changing e-mail one, I declined, and was cut off.

I was given the technical no. of 0800 111 4567 but have lost the will to live just now.

Who will send me a code etc to do this reset?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Still trying to change e-mail password

@Cassiewrote:

This is like Ground Hog Day, as I posted a question about this last year.

I have forgotten my BT/Yahoo  e-mail password.

My IMac, Ipad and Iphone all know it as I have obviously asked for it to be remembered, pity I didn't write it down, or even had it tattooed somewhere discreet.

However I still want to know it myself, and will write it down in my little book, where I have over 50 passwords written down, most of which are redundant.

Anyway, I want to change my security question/reset password. There is no way I can change this or know what my favourite colour is, and can't believe that was even a question?

Thought I'd cracked it but sadly only changed security question on my BT ID password, quite easy and was sent a code.

Then rang the dreaded BT chat line, after 30 mins and 2 agent and answering the same questions numerous times, I was offered a reset of my password, since I told them no, changing my BT ID passord was not the same as changing e-mail one, I declined, and was cut off.

I was given the technical no. of 0800 111 4567 but have lost the will to live just now.

Who will send me a code etc to do this reset?

Hi.

WHat happens when you try the direct link :-

https://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/chpasswdsso

it'll still ask for the security answers.

It does seem like you might need Moderator assistance.

0 Ratings
Cassie
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Anyone's help would be appreciated.

why is this so complicated? 

When there was a security breach years ago, it was easy to change your password with instructions from BT, now it seems very hit and miss so makes me very wary.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Have you tried this link

https://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/chpasswdsso

If you are asked security questions it is the master account holder's questions that must be answered so if your email account is a sub account you need to ask the account holder.

If you can not remember the answers you should be offered the option to have a code sent to the BT Broadband account holders address which will then allow you to reset the password.

0 Ratings
Cassie
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

I am the account holder, same security question, favourite colour, same answer, not a clue.
So, where do I ask for a code etc to change password?
It's not offered anywhere I can see.
0 Ratings
Cassie
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

No replies from my last post.

Do I really need to phone the technical team to reset this password?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Cassie

We can help get this password reset for you. Sorry you have had so many problems with this.

I'v sent you a private message with the details required to investigate, if you can reply to this message we can take it from there. Your private messages can be accessed from the link below:

https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings