cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Stop BT email from trying to download using Doxillion?

Go to solution

Hi, hoping someone can help me please?

I've received a docx document via email, clicked on download  but then when I click on the document itself, my PC tries to open it using 'Doxillion' and displays the message "Install-on-Demand Component". I don't want to install this component, I just want the document to open in Microsoft Word like I was expecting it to!

Does anyone know how to 'disable' this and make my BT email automatically open the document in Microsoft Word rather than using this 'Doxillion' component that I've never heard of before!

Thanks,

Matt. 🙂

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Stop BT email from trying to download using Doxillion?

Go to solution

Doxillion is a convertor which suggests you have it installed on your device and made it the default for opening .docx, find the downloaded document, right mouse click and select 'open with' and select M$ Word instead, then make M$ Word the default.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you for your quick reply Richie, much appreciated....

Could you possibly explain to me how I 'make M$ Word the default' please?

I've managed to do as you've suggested just can't find that particular part.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Right mouse click again and choose 'open with' then 'choose another app' but this time choose Word again but tick the box to always always use this app.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

If you have never heard of the Doxillion component it would appear that you have not intentionally installed it onto your computer and as such you don't want it.

You should uninstall it from your computer using the same method as you would remove any other unwanted program via the Apps and Features/Programs and Features section in the settings.

Once you have done that try opening the docx document. Assuming you have a Microsoft Office/word program on your computer is should open with Doxillion appearing.

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

That's it!! Thank you so much for resolving this, you're a star.

0 Ratings