cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Stopped receiving emails on linked account

Hi,

We have a CCTV camera via Hikvision which sends email notifications to one of my linked email accounts. This stopped happening on the 26th September. Any ideas on why this would have suddenly stopped working? We have rebooted, checked 'blocked' email details etc, but nothing has changed from our end. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Stopped receiving emails on linked account

Do not think of it as a "linked" email account. It is a stand alone email account that you happened to access via your main BT email account.

With that in mind can you access the email account using the direct log on page in this link

BTMail 

Check that the email address and domain of the CCTV sending account is not blocked. It is very easy to miss the domain when checking.

Log onto your BTMail account using a browser, not an email client/app, and then click on your username at the right hand side. Select "Settings" then go to the left hand side and select "Mail". Scroll down and click on "Blocked Senders". Scroll down the list until you find the one you want to unblock and select it. Click on "delete".

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Stopped receiving emails on linked account

Thanks for the response.  The email account works fine & can be accessed okay. It's just the emails from this specific source that are not being received.

Have looked at the 'blocked senders' and it is completely blank.

I did also try to add it to the 'safe senders' but the way the notifications work is that it is sent from my own email address to myself. So when try to add details to safe list the system states cannot be done as it is 'self'.

Also when trying to send a test email from the CCTV (Hikvision), this does work but goes straight into the junk folder, whereas the actual notification ones do not get received at all.

At a bit of a loss why this has suddenly stopped happening. All has been well for months / years and then stopped on 26th September.

0 Ratings