Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bramshot
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Stopping mail going to Spam

Go to solution

How do I stop mail going to my Spam folder. I have tried moving the mails from the sender in quaestiom to the inbox using iPad, but they still go to Spam.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Stopping mail going to Spam

Go to solution

If you are on the BTMail system and not the BTYahoo email system you can add the email address to your safe senders list. Log onto your email via a web browser not the ipad app, and go to settings then mail and scroll down to safe senders and add it to the box. Click save.

0 Ratings
Bramshot
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Sorry, but there does not appear to be a safe senders option. I am using Safari from the iPad.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

In which case you are probably still on the BTYahoo mail system. Is there any Yahoo branding on the mail webpage?

0 Ratings
Bramshot
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

No. I changed from Yahoo some time ago.

0 Ratings
Bramshot
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I have opened web mail on desktop and get a different set of options, which include the safe senders under the mail on the LHS. These do not appear on the iPad.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@Bramshot wrote:

No. I changed from Yahoo some time ago.

Hi.

I assume you mean that your account was changed from BTYahoo, rather than you doing anything Smiley Happy

(The migration started in early 2014, then stopped in Sep 2014 due to unknown reasons, leaving accounts on BTYahoo. It's also pretty much unknown how many accounts were transferred to BTMail).

0 Ratings
Bramshot
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I had to make some changes in my mail apps in order to get the BT mail working. As I understood it, it would have remained with Yahoo if I had done nothing, maybe that’s wrong, can’t recall the details now. I guess I would have got a message from BT saying that my account was ready for the change, or something like that. I do recall it took some doing to get right.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@Bramshot wrote:

I had to make some changes in my mail apps in order to get the BT mail working. As I understood it, it would have remained with Yahoo if I had done nothing, maybe that’s wrong, can’t recall the details now. I guess I would have got a message from BT saying that my account was ready for the change, or something like that. I do recall it took some doing to get right.

Hi again.

What probably happened is that you may have been using the yahoo servers (which still work with BTYahoo accounts) rather than the correct btinternet mail servers. Upon migration to BTMail, any device using the Yahoo servers would fail to work - hence would have needed intervention.

It wouldn't have stopped the migration for your account had you done nothing ...

The Yahoo servers were a common "fix" for mail issues years ago, and can still be for some users on BTYahoo.

0 Ratings