cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 29

Re: Struggling to Add BT Email Account to MacBook

No idea, I just googled where to change settings for Outlook on Mac OS. I assume in Outlook.

In Outlook 2010 for Windows it is in File > Account Settings > More Settings > Advanced tab

Have you tried a different mail client?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 29

I'm a little confused as to which mail client you are using? Outlook 365 or OSx mail app?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 29

I'm now assuming the Outlook 365 is a red herring and you are in fact using Mac mail.

Does this help https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mail/cpmlprefacctadv/15.0/mac/12.0

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 29

Might be worth searching YouTube for a walk through of email setup that will show where Apple have hidden all the manual settings.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 29

It's the OSX Mail app.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 29

Not exactly, but thanks for trying; it seems you can only access the Server settings for an account you've already added. You can add an account on that page by clicking the + at the bottom, but that simply begins the same procedure I've been trying.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 29

Yes, but surely if the account has been added and doesn't work you can go back and edit the settings.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 29

I get the box I've been screenshotting. You can choose an account type (IMAP or POP) and enter the incoming and outgoing mail server details. Everything I've tried leads to the red error message. (i.e. It doesn't add in the first place.)

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 29

OK, but once it has failed there can you not then go to Mail > Preferences, click Accounts, then click Server Settings and manually change the settings as per the link I posted?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 29

I still have this problem with MacBook Pro Ventura 13.01, can’t past the spinning grey wheel to add an account to fix afterwards. Anybody find a solution.

0 Ratings