cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 29

Re: Struggling to Add BT Email Account to MacBook

Have been using BT mail through Mac Mail for two or three years and as of this morning cannot access it.  Delete account and try to set it up again and run into the same problems  as reported in

the original question.   You can only alter settings once an account is set up.

Am guessing it's something that BT have done as their site was down for an upgrade earlier in the week

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 29

On my iMac in Ventura 13.1 is see the attached screen when I go from the OS Mail App, Mail,add account.

Obvs you the BT email account name and password. Can you get that far?Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 13.31.44.png

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 29

If your email has been working fine for the past two or three years why did you delete it and try to set it up again? Did it never occur to you that there could have been an email outage and assuming it is a BT problem that BT could be working to resolve it.

When an email system stops working for no apparent reason, and an update would normally have manifested itself at the time not a few days later, that taking the nuclear option of deleting the account and trying to set it up again is probably the worst thing to initially try.

If the BT server is at fault and it is not allowing connections there is no way of setting it up or knowing when the system is working again without constantly trying to set up your account again.

Have you tried accessing your email account using webmail (using a browser)?

If it works OK there is obviously nothing wrong with your actual email account.  

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 29

Perhaps I didn’t describe my problem well enough. I have a MacBook Pro running os the current updated operating system. I have a primary Bt email address that is working fine with Mac mail and I need to add a second Bt email address to the Mac Pro. This second Bt email address works fine with the iPad and iPhone mail systems. I have tried to add this second address to the MAC pro but following the Bt system to add a second email address which asks me to add a new account I get no further than the spinning disc .
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 29

If the second address works fine with iPad and  iPhone why do you think the problem lies with BT rather than Apple?

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 29

I started looking at this problem and found a series of mentions with of this type among the BT community for MACs and PCs. If your experience suggests to you that this is a MAC operating system problem I’ll try and find a workaround. Thanks for your help so far.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 29

I am not sure what you mean when you say "following the Bt system to add a second email address which asks me to add a new account I get no further than the spinning disc ". but I presume it is when you are trying to enter the BT server settings into you Mac mail app.

I do not have a Mac so I do not know the working of Mac mail but I would suspect that to add a second email account to it you would follow the procedure in exactly the same way as you did when you added your first BTMail account and it would I suspect be exactly the same as when you added the second BTMail account to your iPad and iPhone.

If you get the option to set it up manually, use that option rather than letting the automated process do it.

See links for setting up email account

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

The correct settings for the BT servers are as per this link.

BT Email server settings | BT Help

Message 28 of 29

Exactly so @gg30340 

Poster needs to go (from OSX mail app)

Mail,add account, choose “other “ then bang in the relevant email address and password. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 29

I’m having exact same problem and frustration - did you ever solve it? 
have tried all options suggested but still get ‘unable to verify etc’ when I try to add. Worked fine til recently and still fine in other Apple devices..

0 Ratings