Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cornishwench
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Sub Account stopped working - HELP

Go to solution

My daughter's sub account stopped working about a week ago.  She really needs to get it working as all her college work, messages etc go to that account.  I am the main account holder and my husband also has a sub account which are both working fine.  My daughters account will no longer accept the password and when we go to the site to change it; it will not accept the security details although we know they are correct.  I can't contact BT as I am no longer with them; I just kept my email accounts.  I really need to gain access to her account as there are important email's on there. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sub Account stopped working - HELP

Go to solution

this has been happening aa lot see this post http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/email-password-rejection/td-p/490755

if you are no longer a BT customer did you change to premium email service otherwise email accounts can get deleted after 90 days without notice

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

As the main account holder, have you tried logging into "My Account" via this link

https://login.yahoo.com/

Even although you are no longer with BT you might still be able to access the main account. If you can, then you can reset the password for the sub-account from there.

Other than that you could try and contact the BT help desk to see if they can help.

0 Ratings
cornishwench
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
I was told that if I kept using it then it would stay active. We access the email every day and the other sub accounts are working so I don't think BT have deleted it. Thanks for your help. Problem now sorted.
0 Ratings
cornishwench
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
After several attempts, it let me change the password as the main account number. We have now been able to access my daughters account. Thank you
0 Ratings